Psalm 91: He who dwells in the shadow of the almighty will stomp on lions and snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirlingmerc

Puritan Board Sophomore
Psalm 91: He who dwells in the shadow of the almighty will stomp on lions and snakes

Those who have the Lord as their safe harbor will speak of their security
Those who's permanent address is in the shadow of the almighty will talk of their confidence
And if you are one, calling God 'my citadel', you would be right
with encouragement made seven fold perfect.

No fear of that snare
If someone hunts you like a bird,
God will become as if a protecting bird
Covered by feathers, protected by pinions, shielded and surrounded by faithfulness
Flying bullets, disease, terror by night or day?
Evil will come close enough but not near enough to strike. It will strike the wicked and you will see it.
Protection and judgment will be particular in who they finds out.

Because you made God your safe place. No evil will befall you.
Nothing will happen to you that will cause you ultimate harm, that harm will befall the wicked.
God will be your refuge against all kinds of fear: by day or night.
Angels will be your body guard you, appointed for that by God
Someone like ISIS who might kill you, thinking they are doing that God a favor
You may find chastisement, but you will not find ultimate harm.

You may be speared by Auca Indians,
You may be lonely, but befriended by Warouni who speared your husband
The man who speared your father might attend your child’s high school graduation as family
You may have to welcome and comfort young widows who just lost husbands
You may fade away in a nursing home
You may quietly be a missionary in Ecuador unnoticed quietly for fifty years
You may suffer loss in this world at times
But not a hair on your head of ultimate loss will there be

You may be mocked by the devil as he reads this Psalm to you to get you to turn stones into bread and stumble
or to bungee jump without a safety cord, saying your foot will not even be bruised as you walk
Indeed, your foot will not even be bruised as you walk for angels will attend and protect. After all, it is written, “‘He will command his angels concerning you,’ and “‘On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.’” One thing for sure,
devil skips over 'protects you in all your ways' trying to 'derail his ways' and didn't continue .. read on...

Your foot will stomp on lions.
Your foot will flatten snakes
Add to the seven fold perfect encouragement three more - now tenfold complete. Undiluted consolation.
How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news
In the bringing of good news, the one who goes about like a roaring lion crushed
In the bringing of good news, the serpent head squashed
trampled lions, serpents trampled under your feet

Serpent's mocking tempt done, designed to make one stumble over a promise of protection from stumble. Failed.
Not in a garden gloriously supplied with everything one should ask for, but a desert
Dealing not with animals made good for himself, but dealing with angel belligerent and animals wild
Target didn't stumble and ministering angels did come. "Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him."
The second Adam is victorious. Not with a helpmate to go through the trial with but solitary.

The man of God has spoken truth, now God speaks carrying six promises,
God says, because he loves me, I will save him from trouble and protect
God says, because he knows my name, He will call and I will answer.
God says, because he cleaves to me, he will honor me with long life and satisfaction.
I will be with him in trouble. More than that, show him my salvation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back