Psalm Recordings (Scottish Psalter) Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexanRose

Puritan Board Sophomore
A while back, I was asking in this thread for links to psalm singing recordings from the Scottish Metrical Psalter:

http://www.puritanboard.com/f67/psalm-recordings-online-current-links-61594/

Looks like the thread is now locked due to age, so I can't add to it--hence a new thread. I compiled a list of all the recordings from the Scottish Psalter that I could find online, and posted it here:

Texan Rose: Free Psalm Recordings, Scottish Psalter

If you know of other recordings that fit my criteria (1650 Scottish Psalter, a capella, free to download) and aren't already in the list, please let me know and I'll add them. Thanks!

Thanks for your efforts in bringing together such helpful recordings.

I've wanted to work on getting all of the Psalms recorded but I dont have the resources to do it right now.

I discovered a few more psalm recordings on a Free Church Continuing website, and added them to the list. Also on the FCC website is a great resource: midi files of *all* the psalm tunes in the psalter we use (split-leaf published by the Free Church). More info on that in this post.

I am interested! Care to share the link? I can't actually watch more than one or two Youtube videos at home, because we have satellite internet with pathetic download limits, but I could listen/watch at a relative's house. :)

I love the little child's strong and sincere participation in the first recording at the second link (1 to Tallis, Santa Fe). I believe that is sweet music indeed to the Savior's ears...

I love the little child's strong and sincere participation in the first recording at the second link (1 to Tallis, Santa Fe). I believe that is sweet music indeed to the Savior's ears...

I agree! That little boy is just two years old, but if he knows the psalm, he sings with great enthusiasm. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back