Psalms of David Chronology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leslie

Puritan Board Junior
Does anyone have a chronology of the psalms of David and/or a list of his psalms and the circumstances under which each was supposedly written? I realize that such a list would be conjecture but it would, nevertheless, be helpful, even if in some cases mistaken.

Does anyone have a chronology of the psalms of David and/or a list of his psalms and the circumstances under which each was supposedly written? I realize that such a list would be conjecture but it would, nevertheless, be helpful, even if in some cases mistaken.

Conjecture? All the psalms of David - and, for some, the circumstances under which they were written - are those psalms so designated in the Book of Psalms. There are 73 of them.

Now ask us something hard! :lol:

Conjecture? All the psalms of David - and, for some, the circumstances under which they were written - are those psalms so designated in the Book of Psalms. There are 73 of them.

Now ask us something hard! :lol:

I know which psalms are the psalms of David, it's the link with the narratives in 1 Samuel that's the problem. My wording of the question wasn't ideal, but that's nothing new. The only time the internet isn't painfully slow is in the wee hours and it's hard to be articulate then.

My own tentative opinion is that all Psalms not labelled otherwise are Davidic unless this is clearly impossible. The citation of Psalm 2 as a Davidic Psalm in Acts 4, and Psalm 95 in Hebrews 4, when there is no title attributing it to David, points me in this direction.

As far as sorting them out chronologically, unless the title of the Psalm gives a pointer, or there is an echo of the language of the Psalm in the narrative, I think it's probably all speculative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back