Psaumes de la Reforme

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
I obtained the Psaumes de la Reforme on CD recently. It's a pleasure to hear the psalms sung according to the arrangements of Marot as the Huguenots, like Calvin, did so long ago in the Reformation. Praise God! :sing:

Andrew -

I am wanting to get into the Psalter much more than I have in the past. My first step is to get the 1650 Scottish Psalter. I also want to get a great Psalter CD. I have some samples from the Trinity Psalter, but I am curious...what is your favorite?

Thanks

Originally posted by Canadian _Shawn
Are the people on this board generally exclusive psalmodists?

--Shawn

Check out the Worship section on this Board and you will find all the debating you want on this issue! :lol:

Originally posted by Jeff_Bartel
Originally posted by Canadian _Shawn
Are the people on this board generally exclusive psalmodists?

--Shawn

Check out the Worship section on this Board and you will find all the debating you want on this issue! :lol:

heh heh :lol:

No, the Puritans generally practiced exclusive psalmody, but it's a minority position on this Board. For more about EP, see this page.

Originally posted by Jeff_Bartel
Andrew -

I am wanting to get into the Psalter much more than I have in the past. My first step is to get the 1650 Scottish Psalter. I also want to get a great Psalter CD. I have some samples from the Trinity Psalter, but I am curious...what is your favorite?

Thanks

I prefer the 1650 Psalter, and the editions I have come from the Reformed Presbyterian Church of Ireland, the Free Church of Scotland, and the Trinitarian Bible Society. I am also partial to the Book of Psalms for Singing published by the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America. I have the Trinity Psalter too. I have some selections from the Ainsworth Psalter, which is the one used by the Pilgrims at Plymouth Plantation, which are delightful, but the whole Ainsworth Psalter is just about impossible to find.

You might enjoy Jason Coghill's psalm CD's, and of course Crown & Covenant has a good selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back