Puritan Board member threatened

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeutter

Puritan Board Senior
I just heard from a seminary student in Dehradun that Pastor Raj Kumar; who we know on Puritan Board as Raj was accosted and threatened. In Tipapur, which is near Dehradun, some Hindu Jagran Manch cultists accosted Pastor Raj Kumar, grabbing him by the shirt as threatening him sayin, "Stop this Church or be ready for the consequences." Please remember our brother Raj in prayer.

Update from Raj (just received)

These people said, they have been keeping an eye on our ministry activities. So, last Sunday, they came on the right time in a group of 5, parked their vehicles a bit far from the place, so that they could run in case, they had to.

These people accused of the conversions going on in the village and area, which they said they can't tolerate and will not allow.

So for this, we need to stop the worship and stop inviting people to the church.

We talked to them, tried to put our points before them on the issue of message of hope and grace in the Lord Jesus Christ, but they didn't listen and were not ready.

They were angry and were ready to use the physical force, but somehow it cooled down.

After seating about 30 minutes they left our place by telling you can't carry these activities here inthe village, do it in your house or in a church (they meant) a building bearing cross etc.

I have been visited by several local Christians and pastors, many others have called me on the phone and told that they are praying for us.

I need your special prayers for my wife, both children especially daughter who is scared after the incident, showing less appetite for food, loving me in special way, late night sleep etc.

Every time I get phone, my kids want to know who is calling and what they are saying.

We are trying to find out those men's house or office and talk to the local village head and members of the village committee, if they solve our problem find, otherwise we go leagelly to the police. Many pastors locally are with me and encouraging us, our church and a fellow elder Rakesh and his family.

Please pray continually, the opponents have a strong backup of the ruling party in the state and nation. But our help comes from the LORD.

Yes, While Raj has had to face challenges to his ministry before, the situation seems to be escalating. He certainly needs - and appreciates -our prayers.

My contact in Dehradun tells me that Pastor Raj Kumar has met with those who had confronted him. He does not believe the threat of further attack is immanent. Their is still a great deal of hostility toward the Gospel and those that preach it in North India. Raj appreciates our prayers on his behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back