Puritan Sass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charismatic Calvinist

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey gang, funny thing happened earlier today that I thought you all might get a kick out of...

My wife and I are out here in Kansas City as intercessory missionaries. The organization we are currently teamed up with is largely Arminian in their approach to theology.

Anyway, I was praying with some folks earlier today (who like to make a big deal out of my pursuits in Reformed studies when they run out of better things to do). The text we were using for our intercession was Psalm 2. We were burning pretty hot by the time we got to verses 4 - 5, " He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; the Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, and distress them in His deep displeasure..."

When we were done I turned to one of the fellas (a former Asbury student) and said, "You know, something just doesn't make any sense." He said, "What do you mean?" I said, "Well, when you were praying v. 4 and 5, you sounded like you really believed that." He answered, "I sure do, brother!" My reply was, "Well, I just don't see how God is going to go and do all that," and he says, "What are you talking about?" Then I hit him with it, "Well, if man has a freewill...what if he doesn't want to be held in derision or distressed in the Lord's deep displeasure?"

He shook his head and said, "See you tomorrow."

Needless to say, my wife and I were the only ones there who thought it was funny.

lolz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back