PuritanBoard upgraded to Version 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theme details

You need to look closely at the themes. I was surprised that there are differences between the themes in content. For example, I was using the "Blue Haze" theme until I noticed that it did not (for some reason) show the time of last posts in Today's Posts

The Default theme does:

So I will likely use that for now (I like the blue themes).

All the way down at the left bottom corner of the screen is a drop-down box with the words "vB4 Default Style". Click that and then click one of the options. It should change (though it doesn't work for me in Chrome--not sure why).

In all honesty, I like the new layout better then the old one, but maybe thats because I'm younger. I'm more, "tech" then other generations. Not to say most of you are old timers... :p

Maintaining a board is not easy (I have done it). Upgrades can break or change a layout and sometimes it takes brain surgery to fix it, not easy if you already have a full-time job.

I didn't love the old layout but I had grown used to it. I'll get used to this one, too.

Thanks for all you do, Rich.

Fred is spot on about the nuances between themes. For now, the one that keeps me on the default theme is that you can actually see links distinctly from other text.

You need to look closely at the themes. I was surprised that there are differences between the themes in content. For example, I was using the \"Blue Haze\" theme until I noticed that it did not (for some reason) show the time of last posts in Today's Posts

The Default theme does:

So I will likely use that for now (I like the blue themes).

Fixed. That was really hard to find. The Time was there but it was white on a white background and would appear when you hovered over it. It's now visible full time.

I liked the "mean green" theme until I realized that it allowed me to view NEW posts, but not TODAY'S posts.

Fixed. Today's Posts appears on the Navbar

It is interesting how the creators of themes don't notice those kind of issues.

Thanks as always, Rich!

In BP Brown the links manager is very hard to read - pale yellow text on a white background, it looks like. Is there a reason the skin doesn't carry through outside of the "forum" area?

"Skin for skin" (Job 2:4) it'll take some time to get re-used to this. Thanks for the work, Rich. I appreciate we can't yet fully appreciate it.

And, when I tried to edit the last comment everything was overlapped and I was unable to edit the text.

2nu88aq.jpg
[/img]

No idea why it's showing the line and

I just noticed there are signatures on every post. What is the world coming to?!?!

Added a User's Online Widget to the Home Page.Regarding the Links & Download manager, I have notified the person who wrote that Product. Remember that the 3rd Party Apps that enhance the board are written by contributing coders who have other things to do. Recommend you use default them until that issue is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back