Puritans Vs. Ninjas

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Humor' started by tellville, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Puritans would own anything

72.1%
  2. Ninjas would own anything

27.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnGill

JohnGill Puritan Board Senior

Puritans, why it's obvious

Quote attributed to Emperor Napoleon

I'd rather meet 5,000 soldiers well generaled and well vittled than one Calvinist who's convinced he's in the will of God.

Of course this doesn't deal with the issue of Calvinist ninjas. But Theognome can answer that issue.

[​IMG]

2. Brother John

Brother John Puritan Board Sophomore

3. kvanlaan

kvanlaan Puritan Board Doctor

You know, Diamond Dave said not to ninja nothin that didn't need ninja-in'.

You may need ninja-in'.

4. Honor

Honor de-cool

[video=youtube;ehQo7s_02sc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehQo7s_02sc[/video]

dude seriously... this guy is awesome!

5. Classical Presbyterian

Classical Presbyterian Puritan Board Junior

As the musical Oklahoma teaches us all: "Oh the Ninja and the Puritan should be friends!" (or is that Annie Get Your Gun??)

Was Grymir suggesting that we recruit Teenage Mutant Ninja Puritans?

6. LawrenceU

LawrenceU Puritan Board Doctor

7. PresbyDane

PresbyDane Puritanboard Doctor

:rofl:

8. matthew11v25

matthew11v25 Puritan Board Sophomore

It would be the funniest looking battle EVER!!! Fact of the matter is with Tom Cruise fighting for the Ninjas…they would be unstoppable!!! The mere awful sight of Cruise would drive the Puritans back onto the Mayflower

9. New Englander

New Englander Puritan Board Freshman

I had a long class tonight and this just made it all better!

10. Skyler

Skyler Puritan Board Graduate

Puritans, so long as the AskANinja Ninja doesn't show up. If he does, they'll be too busy laughing to fight.

11. Hawaiian Puritan

Hawaiian Puritan Puritan Board Freshman

And don't forget his most famous sermon: "Samurai in the Hands of an Angry God."

12. tellville

tellville Puritan Board Junior

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't forgot the great hymn to the Ninja:

[video=youtube;GFLGRidfFo4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4[/video]

13. Theognome

Theognome Burrito Bill

Biblical Ninjas?

Here's a KJV Ninja story for ya-

The treacherous dealer(Is. 21:2)of death(2Cor.2:16)crept in(Jude 4)by stealth(2Sam,19:3)through the window(Josh.2:15). He was clothed(Rev.19:13)in vile raiment(Jas.2:2)that was(Gen.2:19)black as a raven(Song5:11)and he moved(2Sam.24:1)in silence(Ps.94:17)toward his(Lev.13:41)prey(Num.31:11). Slowly(Acts27:7), he reached(Ruth2:14)into his sack(Gen.42:25)and drew forth(1Ch.19:16)the morning star(Rev.2:28). The poison of asps(Job20:16)danced(Mt.14:6)on the edge of the(Jos.8:24)weapon in his hand(2Ch.23:10)while(De.19:6)the king slept(2Ki.14:22); blind to(Mt.15:31)the peril(La.5:9)that had come(Ex.18:8). Suddenly he(Mr.13:36)threw(Lu.9:42)the star(Am.5:26)at the king(2Sa.9:13), piercing(Heb.4:12)his neck(Gen.45:14). His work(Gen.2:2) finished, the(Ex.40:33)murderer(Hos.9:13)slipped away out of(1Sam.19:10)the room(Mt.2:22)and into the(Gen.12:5)darkness from(Job23:17)which he had(Gen.8:6)come(Nu.24:24).

Theognome

14. Knoxienne

Knoxienne Puritan Board Graduate

Your KJV Ninja story was very clever and creative, Honey!

:up:

15. Theognome

Theognome Burrito Bill

Now you know why I left the Strongs on the computer desk. Thanks for cleaning up after me.

Theognome

16. forgivenmuch

forgivenmuch Puritan Board Freshman

I like this a lot, more specifically, the last sentence. :up:

17. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

Unfortunately, the Ninja version of Ephesians tell us to watch out for the throwing stars of the Enemy rather than the fiery darts of the Devil. They believe in dynamic equivalence translations and ths their cause will fail.

18. Ezekiel3626

Ezekiel3626 Puritan Board Freshman

Clever, very clever !

19. tellville

tellville Puritan Board Junior

Ninja Dance.

20. apaleífo̱

apaleífo̱ Puritan Board Freshman

Hmm...I would have to say that in that department, the Puritans triumph there, too. Who can honestly beat good, comely Puritan garb (certainly is an improvement compared with those dresses they wore during the Restoration!)? I often think that modern fashion would be much more interesting if it took some serious tips from the seventeenth century...

21. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

It's hard to fight in a powdered wig.

22. Athaleyah

Athaleyah Puritan Board Sophomore

But once you master it, you get to look really cool. Ninjas don't have that.

23. Backwoods Presbyterian

Backwoods Presbyterian Puritanboard Amanuensis

John Knox was/is the toughest human being who ever lived...

24. Honor

Honor de-cool

you don't know that... they could have a powdered wing underneath the black ninja outfit.

25. Skyler

Skyler Puritan Board Graduate

Powdered wigs make an excellent diversion in the case of an emergency. Simply spin it very fast, generating a large cloud of white powder to cover your escape.

You should use eSword, Theognome. Then you don't have to drag out the Strongs. :)

Typically, I think, they wear their wigs on top of the ninja outfit. Cf. the "Ninjas & Pirates" episode on the Ask-A-Ninja website.

26. charliejunfan

charliejunfan Puritan Board Senior

Puritan's would make the ninjas cry simply because they were so much more sophisticated and intelectual. The ninjas would just be like, why am I still wearing a bed cloth for clothes, these puritan people are all fancily dressed.

27. DouglasT

DouglasT Puritan Board Freshman

Do Calvinist Ninja throwing stars have 5 points?

-----Added 3/11/2009 at 07:15:45 EST-----

Do Calvinist Ninja throwing stars have 5 points

28. JohnGill

JohnGill Puritan Board Senior

No, 6 points. You forgot the 6th point - The Burning of Heretics.

[​IMG]

From A Puritan's Mind.

29. Annalissa

Annalissa Puritan Board Freshman

[​IMG]

Have to go with ninjas, although a Puritan ninja would be a stellar combo. :think:

30. forgivenmuch

forgivenmuch Puritan Board Freshman

:applause:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.