Purple Haze

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend sent me a link to the new rendition of Hendrix's song a few days after the tune was cut. I was utterly amazed, angered, frustrated, etc. What next?

Perhaps if he sang "All along the Watchtower" remade by Jimi, one could draw a line to being a watchman on the wall mentioned in Ezekiel!!!!!!!

[Edited on 6-3-2005 by D Battjes]

As one that doesn't agree with "Christian ROCK".. as the MUSIC definately has the same "spirit" behind it, I give this two thumbs down.:down::down::down::down: Ok, that's four!

Originally posted by Loriann
As one that doesn't agree with "Christian ROCK".. as the MUSIC definately has the same "spirit" behind it, I give this two thumbs down.:down::down::down::down: Ok, that's four!

This is one of the "non dogmatic" principles I have a hard time with.

My musical background was completely made up of 60-70 music. For some reason, I am not able to completely forget it.
SO some Christian Rock has allowed me a fresh air of Christ, done tastfully with excellent musicians.

Morning Star Worship is one example. I do nto agree with the 'churches' theology, but the musicians are excellent!!!!!

When I am cruising I cannot listen to maranatha. IT puts me to sleep for some reason

Originally posted by D Battjes
Perhaps if he sang "All along the Watchtower" remade by Jimi, one could draw a line to being a watchman on the wall mentioned in Ezekiel!!!!!!!

[Edited on 6-3-2005 by D Battjes]

:lol:

I like some of Jimi Hendrix's songs. especially, "Hey Joe". Rick Warren, my Pops and I have something in common.

I love the music of Jimi Hendrix. : "Red House," "The Wind Cries Mary," and who can forget "The Star-Spangled Banner"? Muscially speaking, he was one of the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back