Quake, tsunami death toll passes 22,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformingstudent

Puritan Board Junior
With all that has been going on in that part of the world the last few days I have to ask, is it God's judgment on those people there or is it just nature acting up? I believe in the total Sovereignty of God and am trying to relate how something this massive could happen unless it was sent y Him for a purpose. 22,500 people killed, it staggers the mind that something like that could happen. America better repent, this may just be a preview as to what maybe yet to come.

:candle:

conspiracy theory:
Pakistan or India did a nuclear test on a island which caused the earthquake and the tsunami. I heard this on medved, don't know how true it is though.

It's over 40,000 now and I'm sure the number will go up. I don't believe they will ever have an accurate total.

I donnot believe they will ever know the exact total.Especially, Indonesia.Many poor people live there in Aceh.There have been wars between the Aceh people and the Indonesian government recently.So,the government is not to kind to the people there and stays away most of the time.This Earthquake is not causing them(government) to feel sorry for the people in any way.It is just a nuisance to them and are only helping because the world is watching.Very corrupt government.

I heard a news channel say today that the tidal wave hit at the festival of the full moon. Apparently this festival has both Hindu and Muslim participants, it involves going into to the water to "˜cleanse´ your sin. Apparently many Hindus and Muslims were doing this when the wave hit. How tragic this whole disaster has been. These countries need the gospel of Jesus Christ.

VanVos

I think the three religions are hindi-islam-rc I know theere is rampant prostitution in these areas I see this as a judgment america and the world should be fore warned. but I also have cried over what these people are going thorugh at the same time and pray that the Lord will be merciful and raise a new generation of beleievers since it seems most of this present generation has been killed off.

blade

Fox is reporting 67.000 this morning and thousands missing. People were even killed in Somalia. Incredible.

This is truly a tragedy, continue to pray. I don't get why they couldn't have warned these countrys the earthquake happened a couple of days before the waves hit.

No the waves hit 2 hours after the quake not 2 days the waves travel upwards of 600mph. It might be a day or so if traveled acroos the pacific or atlantic but not there.

It will probably get close to 200'00 before this calms down.

blade

yes I meant to say up to 200'000 dead some islands are underwater completely. These places at the most were about 3 feet above sea level if that.

Some missionaries that our mission church is loosely associated with were being visited by their parents for Christmas and no one has heard from any of them. There is no way to get in contact unless you go over there an look it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back