[QUESTION] Comments Book of Ezekiel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byastian

Puritan Board Freshman
Comments Book of Ezekiel
Many blessings to all!
My name is Byastian, I'm Spanish.
I would like to ask you a question about the book of Ezekiel comments.
I found comments on the book of Ezekiel that belong to the 1800s such as: Fairbairn, Keil, Howell, Henderson, and others.
My question is: To make a research on the Book of Ezekiel, I can use those old books as sources or should I use only the most current literature such as Daniel I. Bloc, Duguid, etc. ?
Although I think it could occupy ancient literature + new literature. But if I decide to take ancient literature (Keil, Howell, etc) my academic study would have less value?
Thank you very much for the opportunity to present my question.
Blessings!
PS: I was reading this thread:http://www.puritanboard.com/showthread.php/33352-I-need-a-good-commentary-on-Ezekiel

Byastian, I think it is unwise to limit oneself to one period of church history in one's research on Ezekiel (incidentally, I am hoping to do Ph.D. work on Ezekiel myself). There is something valuable in every age of church history. We would be foolish to conclude that the Holy Spirit only gave teaching gifts to one group of scholars in church history. I will say, however, that if your intent is to get published, you will have to pay close attention to the modern writers. Besides, why would you want to ignore Block and Duguid, two of the very best commentators on Ezekiel?

Thank you very much, your response has been of great help. I purchased books Block, Duguid, Allen Cooper, Stuart, Zimmerli and many more. I will be working in these autorers and more in my studio.
Blessings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back