Question for PCA Elders and the topic of Female Deacons

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a couple of the posts about women in seminary, I am feeling guilty. Full disclosure: while my wife holds several college and seminary degrees (including a D.Min.), she did not seek ordination (even though our mainlline denomination at the time ordains women) mainly because she is a complementarian and does not approve of women in that role. Her rueful comment on the spate of women seeking senior pastoral positions is that they are mostly a group of angry women, with problems with the men in their lives (esp. their fathers), who have horrible attitudes toward the church. She just shakes her head and says: "Paul was right."

My wife is also a seminary (CE) grad, and I am grateful she is. But, she is also the strongest complementarian I know. She has been insulted by a prominent PCA minister who said, "Our women are tired of being just housewives and mothers."

That, dear brethren, is where we are headed. Women tired of their Biblical roles, and the men that enable them.:worms:

I hope you rebuked your fellow elder for making such an absurd comment.

Stephen,

I think we agree in principle, and we will have to see the outcome. I pray you are right.

But, remember, one of the most profitable things Rushdoony ever said was that history is not made by majorities but by minorities who act on their convictions (paraphrase). That is a sword that, sadly, cuts both ways.

Oh, brother what a man for you to quote considering he was a theonomist :lol: That is a true but sad quote to consider. You may be right after all on the direction of the PCA, but I still believe that there are enough strong elders who will take the lead. I have had more concern about the direction of the PCA in other areas, but I will stick with this topic, or I may get arrested. :)

There's plenty to go around.

Here,
Copy%20of%20popcorn.gif
, have some.

I would enjoy the butter and salt.

Maybe I need to take my wife to a well deserved date/movie tonight....popcorn is sounding good.

How would folks feel if a reformed denomination started talking about forming a committee to study the possibility of having bishops as church officers?

Even RTS and Covenant allow women in the MDiv program. Why? Methinks the lurking motivation is $$$.

:eek: :banghead:

These are excellent seminarys. Why would they need to offer the MDiv program to women? Is it really that profitable for them to do?

It's my understanding that Covenant is free to the wives of men students.

:detective:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back