Question of historical argument for paedobabtism?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil,

Your post presupposes a command was needed. What was needed was not a command to baptize infants but rather a proper understanding that baptism was to be administered (once) to those who were to be considered part of the church.

Your point that household baptisms are inconclusive would seem to miss the point of corroborating evidence. When we come to the NT we should expect to see household baptism. We should also not expect to see a child from a covenant home undergo baptism after coming of age. Both expectations are met, as anticipated. They serve to corroborate covenant baptism.
Those considered to be in Church per the NT are those actually i in the body of Christ, placed in it by the Holy Spirit when faith was placed into the work and person of Christ..
Passages such as Ephesians 4 and when Paul stated that we have now been sealed in and by the promised Holy Spirit in the New Birth.

Those considered to be in Church per the NT are those actually i in the body of Christ, placed in it by the Holy Spirit when faith was placed into the work and person of Christ..
Passages such as Ephesians 4 and when Paul stated that we have now been sealed in and by the promised Holy Spirit in the New Birth.
I hate to seem rude, but what does this even mean? The last bit isn't even a sentence.

When you say that “Those considered to be in the church are those actually in the body of Christ... by the Holy Spirit,” what you’re saying is that we are to consider only those who are truly united to Christ as part of the church. Since you don’t know who is regenerate, who might you consider (treat or regard) as Christians in the church other than possibly yourself?

When Paul told the children in Ephesus to obey their patents in Lord, he was considering (treating or regarding) the three year olds who were paying attention “saints” who had received “every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus.” In fact, he was even considering (treating or regarding) as saints unregenerate adults who were deceived into thinking they were Christians. Even omniscient Jesus regarded Judas as an apostle.

David, this is an assertion you’re making and also a departure from the topic of the thread. Please stay on point with that topic and if you do post on the OP’s topic please take time to form your sentences well, check spelling and grammar.

David, this is an assertion you’re making and also a departure from the topic of the thread. Please stay on point with that topic and if you do post on the OP’s topic please take time to form your sentences well, check spelling and grammar.

If I may add, it’s even a departure from the London Baptist Confession to which he subscribes.

“Those considered to be in Church per the NT are those actually i in the body of Christ... by the Holy Spirit...”

That’s neither a descriptor of the invisible church nor the visible saints by confessional Baptist standards.

I hate to seem rude, but what does this even mean? The last bit isn't even a sentence.
Paul explained to us that those who are part of the Church are members of the body of Christ, placed into it by the baptism of the Holy Spirit, as described iñ Ephesians 4.That happened when we were reborn.

Jesus regarded Judas as being a devil, as being a false Apostle from the beginning.
David is this comment in keeping with the moderator request? You don’t have to respond to others’ replies to you when the request has been made to stick to the OP.

I am of a firm belief that those baptized as infants and those who are baptized after confession, and chosen by God before the foundation of the world, are both true believers and are part of the invisible church. In my opinion Pedo and Credo will both be in heaven. We can celebrate this with our brothers and sisters in Christ and fellowship with God's children. We all believe and assert that baptism in and of itself saves no one. If my post offends that is not my intent. I merely celebrate our communion with Christ in this world and the next. Peace to you my brothers and sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back