Question on the new Geneva Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said copy. I don't know if they have the typos corrected, but the spelling (not the language!) is updated (e.g., they use thee and thous, but not the 16th century spelling). In fact, I find it more readable than the AV.

Thanks a lot, Jacob. It's a bunch of cash to be spending and I want to make sure it is what I think it is! Are you happy with it, personally? (Any physical flaws with it?)

I have one brother. The typo's were taken care of in the 2nd edition. The 400th is the 3rd edition. It's a little big for carrying to church but the print is larger and I for one enjoy that. I reccomend it.

I'm interested in purchasing the Geneva Bible also. I assume the hard cover is also the 3rd edition?

Thanks a lot, Jacob. It's a bunch of cash to be spending and I want to make sure it is what I think it is! Are you happy with it, personally? (Any physical flaws with it?)

The binding is great. Physically, no flaws. I really don't like the study notes (personal preference). It is a lot of money to spend on it. If I were to go back, I don't know if I would again. But it is what I am reading righ tnow. I have no problems with the quality of its make.

I really don't like the study notes.

You heretic! :lol:

I understand. Disagreeeing with aspects of the Reformation is like disagreeing with the Bible (unless it is the Reformers' views on politics).

I am mainly referring to the notes on Revelation. I just don't see Gregory I in the book of Revelation.

Given it's heavy promotion by Gary DeMar et al I would imagine that those responsible for this new edition are mostly partial preterists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back