Quick, Easy and Affordable- Low Carb/High Protein

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackF

Puritan Board Professor
3-4 eggs scrambled with a bit of cream cheese and a small can of Kroger oysters. Cheap and easy. Just add the oysters about a minute before the eggs are ready.

AE34AEAC-52B5-4E8A-8F6F-C4C892F9812B.jpeg AE34AEAC-52B5-4E8A-8F6F-C4C892F9812B.jpeg

Last edited:
My favorite thing to make lately in the morning is so simple, yet so good.
16oz skim milk
1 scoop vanilla whey
1 serving peanut butter
Blend it

Tastes amazing, macros are balanced. 16g fat, 35g carbs, 47g protein, 460cals. Sorry to you keto boys ;)

Also, eggs are stupid filling for some reason. I kid you not, if I have 4 overeasy eggs, with a side glass of milk at 4am, I do not have to eat until noon. This does not work with any other food, even if macros are equal.

Eggs are great. With the price quadrupling over the last couple of years (I paid over $4/dozen at Aldi yesterday!) I realized they are still a great value for the nutrition and satiation you get from them.

Mix a huge bowl of dry oatmeal, peanut butter, and chocolate chips (google for precise ratios). Then make golfball size servings.

Been having a problem with restricting my diet to 2,000 calories a day. Came up with my "Matrix" meal, or, just the general meal that I eat unless other circumstances arise. Its basically:

1 Cup Lentils
1 Cup Rice
1 Cup OJ
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Can Mixed Veggies
12 Ounce Cooked Chicken Breast
8 Cups Water

Put on the stove to boil for about 30 minutes, makes 4 meals totaling 2040 daily calories. May seem strange; but after seasoning its pretty tasty. And, I have lost 10lbs already not eating excess calories everyday. Its cheap too. Costs about $35 a week for 28 meals.

Been having a problem with restricting my diet to 2,000 calories a day. Came up with my "Matrix" meal, or, just the general meal that I eat unless other circumstances arise. Its basically:

1 Cup Lentils
1 Cup Rice
1 Cup OJ
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Can Mixed Veggies
12 Ounce Cooked Chicken Breast
8 Cups Water

Put on the stove to boil for about 30 minutes, makes 4 meals totaling 2040 daily calories. May seem strange; but after seasoning its pretty tasty. And, I have lost 10lbs already not eating excess calories everyday. Its cheap too. Costs about $35 a week for 28 meals.
That’s an out of the Matrix meal. Lol. A “Matrix” meal would be steak or lobster!

3-4 eggs scrambled with a bit of cream cheese and a small can of Kroger oysters. Cheap and easy. Just add the oysters about a minute before the eggs are ready.
I'll be the first to say that to me this sounds awful hahah but more power to you if you enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back