Quotations/Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
Is it true that Billy Graham acknowledged in a book that 75% of "converts" fell away?:think:

My old minister used to speak of the chemical composition of the human body as "enough iron to make a nail" where did he get that from and where can I find the recipe?:graduate:

In discussing Bible versions I made mention of Bible Translaters "rules" that no theology be imposed on the text by way of headings etc... Is this the case or did I imagine it?

Many years ago - (about 30 years) I was watching a programme here in the UK discussing the use of animals in testing shampoos (?)etc... the argument was advanced that the chimpanzees were sentient. The speaker kept going on about sentience as the criteria and in the heat of the moment under aggressive questioning blurted out that we should use the mentally disabled instead! Who was he and what/when was the programme?:detective:

It would be useful to have a list of unsolved quotations or errant facts Forum. If we were informed by email of someone answering it could lie there dormant waiting for answers! :gpl:

Last edited:
Why not just post such questions in either the General or Coffee Shop forum then subscribe to the thread so you can both follow it and have it handy for quick reference when an answer is supplied?

My old minister used to speak of the chemical composition of the human body as "enough iron to make a nail" where did he get that from and where can I find the recipe?:graduate:

I googled this and sourced it to the March 19, 1996 edition of the Weekly World News, perhaps the least reliable of the supermarket tabloids (Page 7). The same edition teaches us that space aliens hate dogs (page 15), and has an interview with Bigfoot.

And because of other material in there, no link from me.

Or here's a link to a 1912 publication:

Dietetic and hygienic gazette - Google Books

Page 228 of volume 28 of the Dietetic and Hygenic Gazette.

There are a couple of problems with a "general" posting.
1. the newer postings push the older postings down the list
2. once something has been answered it needs (OK I would like it to be :cool:) archived in some sensible way
3. Older unanswered posts need to be prioritised (OK I would like it to be prioritised)
4. There needs to be some way of stopping urban myths. (i.e. the satanic logo used by Proctor and Gamble?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back