R.C. Sproul group study?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formerly At Enmity

Puritan Board Freshman
I am wanting to hold a group study at my house this fall based on R.C.'s book "The Mystery of the Holy Spirit". I was hoping that someone on the board was familiar with his DVD lectures and whether they were great for group studies? Keep in mind that I will be holding this study with many who have only a cursory understanding of the reformed faith. Are the study guides that come with the DVDs challenging? Informative? I have seen the Dr. on several occasions and I hope to transfer the fun into my own living room! Anybody held one of these or been a part of one?

Hi Jason. Per this poor layman's opinion, _The Mystery of the Holy Spirit_ is one of Sproul's meatier books. I've not seen this video series.

His _Renewing Your Mind_ is being shown on satellite TV, DirecTV specifically, channel 378, 4:30amPT M-F, with repeats at noon and 4:30pm. I believe the current series is _The Last Days According to Jesus_. Any of his series would certainly be reasonable for a home study.

Originally posted by beej6
Hi Jason. Per this poor layman's opinion, _The Mystery of the Holy Spirit_ is one of Sproul's meatier books. I've not seen this video series.

His _Renewing Your Mind_ is being shown on satellite TV, DirecTV specifically, channel 378, 4:30amPT M-F, with repeats at noon and 4:30pm. I believe the current series is _The Last Days According to Jesus_. Any of his series would certainly be reasonable for a home study.

I can dig that.....I've been meaning to read "Loved by God" and "The Glory of Christ " as well. Maybe one of those would be better...I'll check on Ligonier and see.
The other option would be great but my wife and I do not have cable or sattelite:(
thx for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back