Rachel Held Evans Dead at Age 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t it seem that women as teachers are susceptible to going astray. Are women ministries permitted in reformed circles? Obviously I would reject any instance where a woman would lord over a man as a teacher in an official capacity. I would reject this woman from the onset, and would think any person who saw her as authoritative in the first place is off the true path. This is why I don’t get caught up in what she taught. She is not a legitimate authority in the first place

Doesn’t it seem that women as teachers are susceptible to going astray. Are women ministries permitted in reformed circles? Obviously I would reject any instance where a woman would lord over a man as a teacher in an official capacity. I would reject this woman from the onset, and would think any person who saw her as authoritative in the first place is off the true path. This is why I don’t get caught up in what she taught. She is not a legitimate authority in the first place

Women's ministries--definitely. Of course this ranges from very conservate ones to Elizabeth Elliot to Aimee Byrd to RHE types (moving leftward in examples). Female clergy? No, but some in the PCA and (especially) the SBC are trying hard to push the boundaries on that one...like Christian female celebrities "speaking to" or "teaching" the congregation, etc. Meth Boore (not her real name) is a big fan of this.

Last edited:
There are plenty of men in all circles who go off the reservation. That isn’t the point here though I think. I scrolled through her gofundme and of the contributions that were non anonymous it at least seemed women outnumbered men 5 to 1. Even accounting for women being more predisposed to generosity that is quite a swing. She didn’t resonate with men as the saying goes.

So, in other words, Paul was on to something when he warned that women were more easily deceived than men and that false teachers tended to lead astray silly women?

Women writers ought to focus on marriage and child-bearing issues. When young women start spouting theology, it is almost always bad news.

From work in criminal analysis & profiling: When a subject claims his ideology is of divine origin and then sets himself up above said ideology, the dominant personality traits are chilling. This ranges from analysis of terrorism to application to church employment. The latter is associated with increased risk of sexual abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back