Random "Logout"

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Paul

Puritan Board Sophomore
I saw this addressed after the format change some months ago...haven't been able to post much lately, BUT...

I can be in the middle of posting and **POOF** I'm logged out, lose my post and am very frustrated. It has occurred numerous times. What needs to be done on my end, anything? I do not exhibit fruit of the Spirit at these times:eek:

I have had similar issues, and sometimes there is no problem, and sometimes it's a nightmare.

Do you have the remember me box checked for your log in? When I reset my computer for security reasons, it deleted my login. I'm not an ad/mod, but I thought I'd suggest this because I frustrated myself with this before. If my server drops for a nanosecond, I'd effectively "boot myself".

This is not an issue with the board. I recommend:
1. Clearing your cookies and Internet cache.
2. Making sure you have "Remember Me" checked when you login.
3. Try a different browser type.

I access PB across multiple browsers, multiple accounts, and multiple machines on multiple networks and this is not a problem I can duplicate.

There are so many possible OS, browser, and personal firewall settings that I cannot possibly promise that an individual might not run into the problem you're experiencing but it is a client side issue.

Also, are you using IE8?

If so, try checking "Compatability View" under the tools tab. IE8 can do all sorts of frustrating and surprising things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back