rbcbob and JP Wallace are now Puritanboard Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
PuritanBoard Members,

The Admin and Moderator team have added rbcbob and JP Wallace as Moderators. It has been our long time aim to keep the number of Baptist and Presbyterian Moderators balanced. Some recent threads have highlighted the need to bring some more Baptist moderators on deck to keep us in respective check. We all have our theological blindspots and tendency toward party spirit and it is my hope that these two fine gentlemen will aid us all in keeping the standards high here (especially as I'm often the chief of sinners in dialog).

I have been consistently impressed with both men's knowledge of the Scriptures and their Confession of Faith. I'm honored they accepted our invitation.

It's great,
nowhere else is there affirmative action for Baptists, let alone Presbyterians!

Fair and balanced,yes, quite good. I'm all for it, but I draw the line should the antichrist become moderator.

Check Rule 2.B

Confessional Subscription: Officially, the Puritanboard is governed by the Westminster Standards and will acquiesce to them in ultimate matters of any controversies on the Puritanboard. Some of our moderators are Baptist and hold to the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith (LBCF). Others hold to the Three Forms of Unity (Belgic Confession, Heidelberg Catechism, and the Canons of Dordt).

"My pastor is a Puritanboard Moderator." It as a nice ring to it!

Congrats on being a Moderate Bap, I mean a Baptist Moderator.... :doh: :D

Marie, is your work at SBTS getting your tongue tangled up? :)

LOL!

I actually nearly started singing a verse of "Soldiers of Christ, in truth arrayed" (the seminary hymn) when we sang a hymn to the same tune of Mendon in church. The first words were even similar "With glory clad, with strength arrayed"

[video=youtube;UPw-3e_pzqU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU[/video]

Thanks gentlemen. Whether Bob and I can bring more balance is a moot point, but at least we can perhaps promote more mutual understanding.

I guess I'd better (re)read the rules!

(Thinks to himself, echoing Maxwell Smart): Missed it by THAT MUCH!

Being a moderator or being a Baptist?

Being a moderator, Wayne. Everybody knows that, in the US, there are already more Baptists than there are people!

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 AM ----------

Being a moderator or being a Baptist?

It must be being a moderator because he flunked the Baptist test big time.

What's the Baptist Test, Bill? (I think I'm going to regret this...)

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

It looks like you need 99 to bring Chaos under Control. :)

Matthew, as an Australian (and a fairly young one, at that), I'm surprised that you even understood the reference! I'm impressed!

It looks like you need 99 to bring Chaos under Control. :)

Matthew, as an Australian (and a fairly young one, at that), I'm surprised that you even understood the reference! I'm impressed!

Which only goes to show you the amazing extent of what US SF writer Jerry Pournelle calls the "American weapons of cultural mass destruction."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back