Reading a Book About a Missionary

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
I'll soon start reading The Life of Alexander Duff, D.D., LL.D. by George Smith; 2 volumes (New York: American Tract Society, 1880). Looks interesting.

(Duff [1806-1878] was a Scottish missionary to India.)

I found a copy of the two-volumes-in-one edition, in hardback, at a library sale for $2.

I have a few quotes from Alexander Duff on the blog. The biography sounds interesting, though two volumes on one man are probably too much. Then again, it may reprint some useful letters or other primary sources. Also, for those who are interested, there is a good entry on Duff in the Dictionary of Scottish Church History & Theology.

I have a few quotes from Alexander Duff on the blog. The biography sounds interesting, though two volumes on one man are probably too much. Then again, it may reprint some useful letters or other primary sources. Also, for those who are interested, there is a good entry on Duff in the Dictionary of Scottish Church History & Theology.

The two volumes, together, come to 1,053 pages, but the type size is reasonably large. Nevertheless, the 19th century was known for its somewhat huge biographies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back