Readings on Jesus as our example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thistle93

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi! Seems that for us who are reformed we primarily concentrate on the death and resurrection of Jesus and rightly so. This should be primary. But I am also interested in looking at how the incarnation of Jesus is to be an example to us who are Christians today. It seems that Scripture lets us know that we were not only saved to avoid hell but to look like Jesus.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Romans 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Christians are not only called to be saved by Jesus but are also called to be His disciples. A disciple is to continue to look more and more like his master. This is part of the sanctification process leading up to glorification. So I am looking for some reading material on how my life as a Christian is to mirror that of Jesus. Such as: How he prayed, How he dealt with anxiety, How he dealt with persecution and unjust accusations, How he dealt with the outcast, How he dealt with the self righteous, Ect... Thank you!

For His Glory-
Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back