Rebuttals to Dispensational Prophecy Interpretations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, the Dispensational theology of Scofield/Ryrie/Macarthur, and the new Progressive Dispensational theology branch.
Got it. So either way, they both don't understand that God is/has always been covenantal and they think ethnic Israel is super special because reasons. Got it.

I just don't understand how people who learn this don't read their Bibles and see that He doesn't love based on your ethnicity, but on His sovereign election and He made covenants with them and their children based on that. I mean, that's what the text says pretty much everywhere.

I have "Before Jerusalem Fell" by Ken Gentry so I'll be going into that one soon. Just have to find the time to read all these books, keep up with my devotions and scripture reading, working, and being a dad/husband. Hard to find time for these things these days!
The thing to avoid would be to fall off into the extreme wing of reformed that at times seems to go from being partial preterist to the heretical full blown version.

The thing to avoid would be to fall off into the extreme wing of reformed that at times seems to go from being partial preterist to the heretical full blown version.
Agreed. I believe Christ is still coming back, and I don't think He already came and we're just sort of out here floating along. A lot happened in the first century, but not everything.

Got it. So either way, they both don't understand that God is/has always been covenantal and they think ethnic Israel is super special because reasons. Got it.

I just don't understand how people who learn this don't read their Bibles and see that He doesn't love based on your ethnicity, but on His sovereign election and He made covenants with them and their children based on that. I mean, that's what the text says pretty much everywhere.
They also would see the church as basically an afterthought, based upon Israel rejecting the Lord Jesus as Messiah. Old school would see law/Gospel so strictly separate, that OT people were saved by Keeping Law of God. Progressive does see one main people of God, that God saved by same method both Covenants.

I haven't been keeping up with it over the past couple of months, but it appears that the board has taken some initial steps to reaffirm inerrancy and hold faculty accountable.
Thank you. The pastor at my parents church (Open Brethren) is a Moody graduate.

I figured as much, and considering that his radio show still airs, he does live on in a sense.
Rogers is a neophyte compared to J. Vernon McGee, who has been dead for 30 years and may have his programs more widely disseminated than ever considering the number of languages they are broadcast in.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rogers is a neophyte compared to J. Vernon McGee, who has been dead for 30 years and may have his programs more widely disseminated than ever considering the number of languages they are broadcast in.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
We may disagree with certain aspects of their theologies, but men like him and Dr Graham were and still are being used by God as one of His agents to proclaim the risen Christ and to spread the good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back