Recommend me a bible study software program

Status
Not open for further replies.

3John2

Puritan Board Freshman
I'm looking into attending seminary & was advised by my pastor to purchase a bible software program. I'm clueless!! I DID hear once of a program on a christian radio show where they were advocating LOGOS. Any recommendations? Also my computer is an iMac so I need a Mac program.

I'm looking into attending seminary & was advised by my pastor to purchase a bible software program. I'm clueless!! I DID hear once of a program on a christian radio show where they were advocating LOGOS. Any recommendations? Also my computer is an iMac so I need a Mac program.

About the only one that I have experience with outside of E-sword is online bible. The newest update will cost you 39.95, but there are some places where you can download past versions for free. It may not be as elaborate as other programs, but if you're on a budget(like me) it is a real blessing. It has a wealth of matierial.
God bless you in your studies dear brother.

For a Mac, I would recommend Accordance. It is similar to Bibleworks as far as Hebrew and Greek go. Also, you can buy modules of various works to add onto it.

Thanks guys. Boy was I surprised to see so many responses THIS quickly!!! I seriously need to get with the program (pun intended)!
I'll start to look into the Mac ones. My pastor is a mAc guy as well, I'll ask him what he is using.

I love Bible Explorer. You can download it for free online. They have free add-ons, but they also have great resources that you can purchase.

Like I said, I love it, but I'm not in seminary. Either way, you may want to check it out.

:D

If you want the Creme of the Crop that would be Bibleworks 7! It's probably MORE program than I need because I don't do much with Greek & Hebrew, but I love the Bible Versions and powerful word searches. IT has numerous other features like time lines and some commentaries.

It is expensive

YOu can't beat E-Sword for Free Programs.

Online Bible is free as well.

I have Libronix Scholars Editon as well, and love it. It is more of a complilation of books than anything else, but it is a fine program, nice search features.

I have PC Study Bible 4.3c as well.

I love Bible Explorer. You can download it for free online. They have free add-ons, but they also have great resources that you can purchase.

Like I said, I love it, but I'm not in seminary. Either way, you may want to check it out.

:D

Right. Bible Explorer has many more free add-ons in it than E Sword. I'm talking books, commentaries, translations, dictionaries, literature... the whole 9.

http://www.bible-explorer.com

And the price cannot be beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back