Recommendations for loudspeaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poimen

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Friends:

Our congregation meets in a rented facility. We are a small group of local Christians, most of whom are elderly (or well on their way!) and could use some assistance in hearing the pastor. We want to purchase a loudspeaker for this purpose and so I am asking for your recommendations. Preferably it would be something that is small and portable (not a computer or sound system but a device that needs little or no setup since we cannot store it where we worship).

*We also need something to record our sermons but I don't believe there is anything that does both.*

Thank you in advance.

How big is the room, how many people, and what are the acoustics like (echo, sound absorbent)? I presume no musical instruments to impact the sound, given your affiliation. And, perhaps most importantly, what is the budget?

In some circumstances, turning up the volume will make things much worse, not better.

How big is the room, how many people, and what are the acoustics like (echo, sound absorbent)? I presume no musical instruments to impact the sound, given your affiliation. And, perhaps most importantly, what is the budget?

In some circumstances, turning up the volume will make things much worse, not better.

The room is about the size of a classroom. It could comfortably hold 50 people.
The acoustics are largely sound absorbent - there doesn't seem to be much of an echo.

We have 15 people on the Lord's Day and yes, the speaker would only be necessary for voice amplification.

I don't think budget is a concern but I suppose $500.00 and under would be the aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back