Recommended Audio/Video Resources on Acts

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. M. Sheffield

Puritan Board Graduate
I am currently preaching through the book of Acts. I have plenty of good commentaries on Acts. But I was wondering what audio/video resources were especially helpful to your understanding this important book of the Bible. Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

My go-to audio for books of the Bible is usually the Rev. Todd Ruddell. He is insightful and practical. Obviously he is a Presbyterian, so you will find disagreeable portions while listening to him though.
I very much appreciate the recommendation. Thank you, brother!

You might also find it disagreeable that he is actually still alive. I know some prefer their learning from dead men, which is understandable.

P.S. @W.C. Dean, Our fall conference is the first weekend in October (3rd & 4th). We will have Pastor Mark Powell, of the Covenant Reformed Baptist Church of Easley, SC, preaching from Ephesians 2. We'd love to have you. We'll meet Saturday at 6 p.m. with refreshments to follow, and on the Lord's day at 10:30 a.m, a noon meal, and another session at 1:30 p.m. I would be truly grateful to meet face-to-face and fellowship together.

Last edited:
Check out Craig Keener's lectures through Acts on Youtube. Keener is a fine exegete and wrote the 4,000-word commentary on Acts.

Also, Regent College (British Columbia) offers lectures that go on a 50% sale several times throughout the year. Here are Stott, Milne and Michael Green.

I preached through Acts a couple of years back and my Ph.D. dissertation is on Luke-Acts and for my preaching, these were great resources. Of course Keener's commentary was quite useful to my academic work. His lectures linked above are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back