Referencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abd_Yesua_alMasih

Puritan Board Junior
I have been writing tonight a small shortish walkthrough of John 3:16 with mostly my friends in mind. I do not want to come across as if they are mostly my idea etc... and it is illegal to steal from others so I have some questions.

How do you reference information from Bible footnotes or anything like that? Do I need to reference where I got the Greek word from (even if I don´t give a meaning as such?) If I give a meaning how would I ever reference that I got the meaning off e-sword? (ie Strong's Hebrew and Greek Dictionaries on my computer).

I believe I know how to reference websites as I did read over Matthews comments on John 3:16 before writing (well actually I was half way through and then decided it would be prudent to see what he said). If someone could just say how you would do it anyway just in case. I have the information lying about here somewhere.

Sorry for this. I am a student but referencing is one of those things that goes in one ear and out the other. I should really learn how to do it but all the rules are silly... talk about a covenant of works...

I know there are different ways to do these things about how would you all advise me? Any particular 'theological' way that is dominant in seminaries etc? Yes this is another late night for me so the standard of my posting is nothing like the standard of my normal writing when I am awake more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back