Reformation Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV1611

Puritan Board Senior
For those who oppose the celebration of Holy Days, if a church celebrated Reformation Day would that violate the RPW?

21:5 The reading of the Scriptures with godly fear; the sound preaching and conscionable hearing of the Word, in obedience unto God, with understanding, faith, and reverence; singing of psalms with grace in the heart; as also, the due administration and worthy receiving of the sacraments instituted by Christ; are all parts of the ordinary religious worship of God: besides religious oaths, vows, solemn fastings, and thanksgivings, upon several occasions, which are, in their several times and seasons, to be used in a holy and religious manner.​

If it wasn't a stated worship service then it wouldn't be a violation of the RPW for the Church members to join together in a celebration any more than a potluck would be.

All the Reformation Day celebrations I've attended were outdoors and were a lot of fun. I'll have to upload a portion of my Reformation Puppet Show that I wrote on to Youtube.

I plan to make Plenary Indulgence bars. They will involve lots of chocolate, brandy or kirsch, dried cherries and pecans, among other sinful things! I've even made a label for them in Word.

Is there a recipe for those???

I plan to make Plenary Indulgence bars. They will involve lots of chocolate, brandy or kirsch, dried cherries and pecans, among other sinful things! I've even made a label for them in Word.

I'd love to try 'em. They sound wickedly indulgent! ;)

Funny label. :lol:

And I'm sure they're just as effective as the papers one's the pope sold. ;)

Once I figure out the recipe I'll post it in the Iron Chef forum. I'd like to figure out a better last line to the jingle, something funnier if possible. I'm open to suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back