Reformation Heritage Bible --Leather

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackF

Puritan Board Professor
I am seriously considering one of the leather versions of the Reformation Heritage KJV bibles. I've deliberately waited until the new edition with corrections has come out. Are those that have purchased the first edition pleased with the binding, quality of leather and so forth? Feedback on any of the grades of leather would be helpful.

Thanks,

I purchased the "genuine leather" when it first came out and it is among the highest quality leather I have seen for that price. I could not discern which was the Montana cowhide and which was the genuine leather cover when I handled them at purchase time. They are both very pliable and quite good. If nothing has changed in the covers, I would highly recommend the "genuine leather" edition. I am very happy with the Bible. I am considering one of the large print versions and may purchase one at the conference in August.

My wife has one, and likes most things about it, other than the notes on the maps in the footnotes are so small in hers that they literally require a magnifying glass to read in some cases.

I purchased the montana cowhide pre publication, so no chance to compare with the genuine leather. It is very like the Nelson Signature coves if you're familiar with those. Soft and pliable. Lays flat. I have no problem with the small print of the excellent notes with my 67 year old eyes thanks to my bifocals.

The first edition was printed in the USA, this edition is printed in the Netherlands by Jongbloed. They frequently do Allan and Schuyler Bibles, and they are first rate. Goatskin is available along with other leather covers.

I like the fact that mine is a USA printing. Helping keep the $ feeding USA families is a good thing In my humble opinion. The USA printing is still available, and at a reduced clearance price.

http://www.heritagebooks.org/categories/bibles/reformation-heritage-KJV-study-bible.html

Last edited:
I can't speak to the leather (I've got the hardback, sorry) but the notes and resources are outstanding. Whichever binding you select, this volume will be solid nourishment to your soul. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine!

I can't speak to the leather (I've got the hardback, sorry) but the notes and resources are outstanding. Whichever binding you select, this volume will be solid nourishment to your soul. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine!

Yes, the notes and resources bless the soul. I purchased it for my wife and she thoroughly enjoys the treasures it contains.
Highly recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back