Reformation Heritage Books Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange to see that they are re-printing The Almost Christian Discovered.:scratch:

I suspect this was an editorial decision which came about following RHB's acquisition of SDG.

That book has a bad press; I would have like to have seen them reprint some of the stuff that has been out of print for ages....John Howe's works...etc.

RHB will have some titles coming out that many people have been longing for. The "Almost Christian" is a popular title, and important, if however, it is really for more mature Christians.

If RHB has enough demand that would warrant a reprint, they will do it. They just don't want to get into the habit of advertising potential reprints, but not have the resources to bring them to light.

Strange to see that they are re-printing The Almost Christian Discovered.:scratch:

I suspect this was an editorial decision which came about following RHB's acquisition of SDG.

That book has a bad press; I would have like to have seen them reprint some of the stuff that has been out of print for ages....John Howe's works...etc.

Howe is first on my list of things to acquire... would be WONDERFUL if they reprinted it.

What's wrong with Mead's Almost Christian Discovered? I thought it was a fantastic book.

Howe is first on my list of things to acquire... would be WONDERFUL if they reprinted it.

What's wrong with Mead's Almost Christian Discovered? I thought it was a fantastic book.

Howe's Works are a real treasure. Even though I paid a lot of $$ for them, I do hope they get reprinted.

As for Almost Christian, it is a classic aimed at shaking carnal security in nominal believers. Beeke and Pederson say, "Caution should be exercised in giving this book to new converts because its contents could discourage them."

Howe's Works are a real treasure. Even though I paid a lot of $$ for them, I do hope they get reprinted.

As for Almost Christian, it is a classic aimed at shaking carnal security in nominal believers. Beeke and Pederson say, "Caution should be exercised in giving this book to new converts because its contents could discourage them."

I think there are better books on the subject, such as Jonathan Edwards' Religious Affections. A book like Mead's could lead to too much introspection.

If you haven't taken a look at Reformation Heritage Books I encourage you to do so. Wonderful books, great prices, awesome customer service. I've ordered about four times from them and I am always pleased.

If you haven't taken a look at Reformation Heritage Books I encourage you to do so. Wonderful books, great prices, awesome customer service. I've ordered about four times from them and I am always pleased.

So, I can order stuff from them and charge it to your account, right? :D

Yup. There's been an awful lot of Media Mail traffic between Grand Rapids and my mailbox over the years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back