Reformation Heritage KJV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know when the Reformation Heritage website will be functioning? The "Resources" page has been the same for 7 months. They initially promised November 2014 completion, then January 2015, but nothing has changed.
Going to their website, here, I see a notice by the developer of the online study notes dated April 20, 2015, thanking everyone for their patience, explaining difficulties that have delayed the process, and assuring us that the website will indeed be forthcoming in the relatively near future.

There is also info on the proposed 2nd edition of 13,000 noted by Reverend Winzer in post # 24, In re-reading the notice more carefully I see that only 2,000 of the proposed 13,000 upcoming printing will be 33% larger. That for larger print in the study notes for those who would prefer that. If it comes to pass I would say that is very thoughtful of a publisher to show such concern for their readers.

Also, only two corrections are listed for the study notes. If that is the extent of the typographical errors, that is extraordinary work.

For those looking forward to the second edition, it looks as if you will need to wait a few months longer. They are projecting a November release date.

In the next few weeks, we hope to sign a contract for a second printing of 13,000 copies in a variety of editions. We anticipate that 2000 copies in this second printing will be an edition enlarged by 33% which will allow those of you who felt the first edition’s print size was too small to be able to read the Study Bible more easily. We are trusting that this will particularly assist the elderly. The second printing should be available by November; we will keep you posted as to the exact date of publication.

As your friendly getting blind as a bat bible reader with some diabetic changes in my eyes despite best efforts otherwise, I totally applaud publishers who take the time to put out quality editions readable by those with diminished vision. I wish all publishers would be so thoughtful!

There is an ebook version from heritagebooks.org for $20. That should be good for vision impaired folks also.

(I think in some ways it is a helpful corrective to certain trends and teachings on sanctification propagated by some popular figures who are affiliated with Reformed ministries.)

I know you made that post some time ago now, Pilgrim, but I'm curious. Which trends are you thinking of, and which view do you think Beeke and co. take? I'm still pretty new to this website, so there's probably a good bit of relevant threads I've missed. But I do have a Reformation Heritage KJV! (The genuine leather, actually. A friend got it for me.)

I picked up a copy of The Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible about a month ago. I really like it. As I thumbed through it at the store, I loved that it had ancient creeds and some catechisms in it. I liked that it had a section on church history by Sinclair Ferguson. I bought a genuine leather edition.

I haven't checked it out in extreme detail. Probably my biggest hindrance is my short attention span to any single translation. I like so many translations.

I also have a 2015 Reformation Study Bible en route that I'm tracking on a FedEx tracking page.

Great Study Bible! I have one and love it. We use the questions for family worship during our family devotions. I plan to recommend to our Session to give these Bibles out as gifts during Confirmation this year.

You may want to make sure you get the second printing, and not the first, in light of the following corrections noted by Dr. Beeke:

Update on the Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible

Thanks for mentioning this. I'll be waiting now.

...though he may be pre mil, he is respected on this board, as far as I know...

The fact that he's premil is not the problem. The fact that he's still somewhat of a Dispensational is the problem.
I have listened to John MacArthur for years. I admire the man tremendously as he has dedicated his life to teaching God's Word. He doesn't stray and tell nuisance stories; everything he says is relevant to the passage being taught, through exposition, illustration, and application. Because of his influence, I have made the transition to the NASB as my go-to Bible, but I still use the KJV and NKJV a lot.

Today I received my copy of The Reformation Heritage Study Bible and plan on using it extensively, as I am doing a lot of work with Puritan authors. For what it's worth, the Bible looks good at first glance. The only noticeable deficiency is the two ribbons. Why couldn't they have gone for a 2X wider ribbon, as the Schuyler Quentel uses? I can do an in-depth review once I have used the Bible for awhile.

Anybody know when the Reformation Heritage website will be functioning? The "Resources" page has been the same for 7 months. They initially promised November 2014 completion, then January 2015, but nothing has changed.
Going to their website, here, I see a notice by the developer of the online study notes dated April 20, 2015, thanking everyone for their patience, explaining difficulties that have delayed the process, and assuring us that the website will indeed be forthcoming in the relatively near future.

There is also info on the proposed 2nd edition of 13,000 noted by Reverend Winzer in post # 24, In re-reading the notice more carefully I see that only 2,000 of the proposed 13,000 upcoming printing will be 33% larger. That for larger print in the study notes for those who would prefer that. If it comes to pass I would say that is very thoughtful of a publisher to show such concern for their readers.

Also, only two corrections are listed for the study notes. If that is the extent of the typographical errors, that is extraordinary work.

For those interested, holybible.com seems to be functioning fully now. Notes, articles, prefaces, confessions, creeds, catechisms, church history, book introductions, weights & measures. All seem to be up and running. :up:

It's a fantastic devotional aid with a commentary on each Chapter of the Bible (which is the way I conduct devotions with the family). The notes are superb as are all the tons of articles and the Confessions.

For those interested, holybible.com seems to be functioning fully now. Notes, articles, prefaces, confessions, creeds, catechisms, church history, book introductions, weights & measures. All seem to be up and running. :up:

I think it might still be a work in progress, but it is good to see it finally up and running. The website for the study Bible also states that they are now being made in the Netherlands by Jongbloed with perhaps some higher quality covers based on the names. I can't remember if goatskin was an option before. The first print run was made in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back