Reformed Church in Hungary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvinbeza

Puritan Board Freshman
I was born in Hungary, and was baptised in the Reformed Church in Hungary. Did you know that the Hungarian Reformed Church is among the biggest Reformed denominations in the world? There were many Hungarian Reformed churches in North America, a lot of them part of the United Church of Christ-Calvin Synod.In the UCC Magyar(Hungarian) Reformed churches are in the conservative section, and adhere to the II Helvetic Confession, and Heidelberg Cathecism? At the time UCC formed, Magyar churches formed Calvin Synod to maintain Calvinist tradition.

What is your opinion conservative Magyar churches in the most liberal mainline denomination in the USA?

Is it right to continue fellowship with grievous error and unbelief? This is an issue that not only the ethnic Magyar Kirche in the UCC face.

What is your opinion conservative Magyar churches in the most liberal mainline denomination in the USA?

...I mean the future of the conservative Magyar churches in the UCC

They either need to flee, or they will end up like those to whom they are yoked.

I visited a HRC in Pittsburgh and in talking with the folks there it was more an ethnic club than a church. I am not sure if that is representative, but I did find it interesting.

Mr Glaser
You are right, the Reformed theology seems to be only secondary in the HRC in North America, that's why HRC churches remaind part of the UCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back