Reformed church in northeast Ohio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neplusultra

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello, I'm trying to help my parents and little brother (who have never seriously attended church) find a church home in northeast Ohio. The area is Huron, Vermilion, Lorain, Amherst, Elyria - around there. I'm having a little trouble finding something and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

There's no PCA presence there which is really what I was hoping for. I found a 4C's church, but their doctrine is very open-ended on stuff like women in leadership, etc.

I'm also looking through other denominational directories like Sovereign Grace Ministries and Acts 29, but I'm finding nothing. Even though they're reformed-charismatic I'd much rather that than the 4C's.

Any thoughts or help are appreciated. Thanks.

Hello, I'm trying to help my parents and little brother (who have never seriously attended church) find a church home in northeast Ohio. The area is Huron, Vermilion, Lorain, Amherst, Elyria - around there. I'm having a little trouble finding something and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

There's no PCA presence there which is really what I was hoping for. I found a 4C's church, but their doctrine is very open-ended on stuff like women in leadership, etc.

I'm also looking through other denominational directories like Sovereign Grace Ministries and Acts 29, but I'm finding nothing. Even though they're reformed-charismatic I'd much rather that than the 4C's.

Any thoughts or help are appreciated. Thanks.

You should look more closely at the individual 4C's church that's close by them. Many 4C's churches are quite reformed in doctrine and practice, and some are even confessional, holding to the Savoy Declaration and the Westminster Catechisms. Given that it's a congregational confederation of churches, you can't be certain of what the local congregation looks like until you ask. I wouldn't toss them out completely simply because of your experience with some particular congregations.

I say this both as a current member of a 4C's church and as a member and elder in PCA congregations in the past, that you cannot judge a congregation by its denomination in many cases. I wouldn't automatically send someone to the nearest PCA church, either for the same reason that I wouldnt' automatically dismiss a 4C's church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back