Reformed Churches with Livestream

Status
Not open for further replies.
@PaulCLawton - it would be helpful if you would edit to add your definition of reformed. It looks like mostly URC, but I see ARP and FCC in there as well. TR only? Should there be a separate threads for PCA? RBs?

Also, if livestream, it would be helpful to show when the streams are.

@PaulCLawton - it would be helpful if you would edit to add your definition of reformed. It looks like mostly URC, but I see ARP and FCC in there as well. TR only? Should there be a separate threads for PCA? RBs?

Good point about the times, I might see if there is time to do that at a later date. As far as the rest of your comment, I like a good argument but I'm not sure this is the time or place. I assumed the readership would know this is an incomplete (rather than exhaustive) list, basically the ones I am familiar with or found easily. Re: PCA, I find it difficult from a distance to distinguish the confessional from the woke and/or broadly evangelical so I didn't go down that path - it would be beneficial I'm sure for others to add links to confessional PCAs below. Since you asked, "Reformed Baptist" is a contradiction in terms so I did not look to include them on a list of Reformed churches.

For anyone else viewing, I thought it might be handy to have the list above, feel free to add to it for the benefit of those providentially hindered from gathering for corporate worship.

Feel free to post some that you’re familiar with and know would be edifying!

I like a good argument but I'm not sure this is the time or place.

Not looking for an argument, but I didn't want to stomp all over your thread with a bunch of PCA churches if you wanted TR. There is a continuum from TR to BE, and we would all draw a cut off at different places. I'd be happy to set up a thread for PCA/other moderate congregations if it wouldn't be welcome here.

Feel free to post some that you’re familiar with and know would be edifying!

Thanks. Most of the ones I'd come up with would be middle of the road PCA. I'll start listing them; if they cause offense please re-locate or do what is necessary.

Not looking for an argument, but I didn't want to stomp all over your thread with a bunch of PCA churches if you wanted TR. There is a continuum from TR to BE, and we would all draw a cut off at different places. I'd be happy to set up a thread for PCA/other moderate congregations if it wouldn't be welcome here.

Thanks. Most of the ones I'd come up with would be middle of the road PCA. I'll start listing them; if they cause offense please re-locate or do what is necessary.

Edward, evidently I misinterpreted your comments, I apologize.

I do not know whether all of these churches will continue live-streaming at this time, but I assume most will
The ones I initially listed were all streaming prior to the crisis. I ran across some other PCA churches (including the Rev. Mr. Greco's church} where that wasn't clear.

And some others where I wasn't sure of their current theology.

The ones I initially listed were all streaming prior to the crisis. I ran across some other PCA churches (including the Rev. Mr. Greco's church} where that wasn't clear.

In God's Providence, we had just set up our video a couple of weeks ago. We had been recording and posting videos this past month. So we were at least ready to pull the trigger. Much easier than churches that were scrambling.

Our church, First Presbyterian in Augusta, live streamed on YouTube. We don’t normally, but they started yesterday. You can just search for the churches channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In God's Providence, we had just set up our video a couple of weeks ago. We had been recording and posting videos this past month. So we were at least ready to pull the trigger. Much easier than churches that were scrambling.
We started streaming last fall at the request of our snowbirds who go south every winter. I wasn't thrilled about doing it., but conceded. Now it sure comes in handy! We were able to recommend that the elderly and vulnerable stay home and we followed up by helping some of them get access/set up (the most elderly in the congregation don't even use email). So far, so good. We credit God's providence.

Are there sermons from outside of the US to broaden our understanding of current events? Perhaps England and Scotland?

There are a couple non-US churches that live-stream their services that I have found and enjoy:

1. Ness Free Church of Scotland (continuing) https://nesschurch.wordpress.com/live-broadcasts/

2. Bethel Free Church of Scotland (continuing) in Ayr http://www.ayrfreechurchcontinuing.co.uk/index.php/watchlive
(Edit: I see this one was already mentioned in the OP).

Last edited:
London FP Church of Scotland will be broadcasting tomorrow 11am and 6.30pm GMT. Not sure how well the link will work or what the quality will be, as this is the first time the congregation has broadcast live. Also not sure how long this situation will continue. Tomorrow's services will be conducted by the ruling elders as the minister will be away.

https://www.sermonaudio.com/solo/fpcos/webcast/

Here’s how our church decided to do worship while in lockdown. A note from my pastor:

Originally we had planned to video an entire service, and to publish the video on our web page. However, we realized that to produce it this way may not be the best way to serve the Grace Covenant family. A video of others worshipping, while in no way bad or wrong, does tend to promote a more passive experience, rather than an active engagement. So what we have done instead is video portions of a worship service – the music, the message, and the Benediction – and provide tools (an order of worship) and simple instructions for folks to use at home. What we hope is that each participating household will have the blessing of engaging in what our Presbyterian tradition calls Family Worship.

And how we laid it out on the web:

http://www.gracecovpca.org

If anyone needs help for their church, I can offer assistance since I set our church up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many Reformed churches that broadcast live on Sermon Audio. (There are a lot of fundamentalist ones too, but one should be able to tell the difference rather easily.) I’ve been blessed when I’ve “tuned in” to various Free Reformed and Heritage Reformed church services in the past. There are also quite a few PCA and OPC churches that haven’t been listed here. Second Presbyterian Church in Greenville SC (pastor Rick Phillips)
is among them.

Last edited:
My family and I listened to Pastor Greco this morning. We were able to print off the bulletin and participate in the whole service. It was very edifying and encouraging for us!

My family and I listened to Pastor Greco this morning. We were able to print off the bulletin and participate in the whole service. It was very edifying and encouraging for us!
That's great! It was "odd" to preach to only nine people live, but once I got going, I forgot about that. If you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know!

That's great! It was "odd" to preach to only nine people live, but once I got going, I forgot about that. If you have any suggestions for improvement, please let me know!

This was our first experience as a family live streaming a service, so I didn’t know what would happen. It went really well, though. The accessibility of the bulletin and being able to participate and sing together was wonderful, and helped with the awkwardness of sitting in the living room. Sermon was great. My ten year old said “Is Pastor Greco a Baptist? He preaches loud like a Baptist!” He liked it a lot. My wife particularly enjoyed the sermon, and has commented on it several times. We look forward to next week, Lord willing.

This was our first experience as a family live streaming a service, so I didn’t know what would happen. It went really well, though. The accessibility of the bulletin and being able to participate and sing together was wonderful, and helped with the awkwardness of sitting in the living room. Sermon was great. My ten year old said “Is Pastor Greco a Baptist? He preaches loud like a Baptist!” He liked it a lot. My wife particularly enjoyed the sermon, and has commented on it several times. We look forward to next week, Lord willing.
I love it! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back