Reformed Covenanter blog posts on the Sabbath

I didn't know you were doing this; I may mine your posts for five more weeks to make 52 weeks of weekly quote posts I've been doing. I don't think I'll simply continue as my initial goal was to do it for a year and recycle or stop hopefully making my initial point (though on FB the likes have dropped significantly as I hammer that one string). They all are here in the Daily Devotion Forum 2018-2109.

I didn't know you were doing this; I may mine your posts for five more weeks to make 52 weeks of weekly quote posts I've been doing. I don't think I'll simply continue as my initial goal was to do it for a year and recycle or stop hopefully making my initial point (though on FB the likes have dropped significantly as I hammer that one string). They all are here in the Daily Devotion Forum 2018-2109.

Some really good quotes here too: http://www.doyouconfess.com/quotations/#4th

N.B. With respect to the recent discussion on John Owen's Hebrews, there should, in the will of the Lord, be several extracts from his work on the Sabbath (in volume 2) published in subsequent weeks.

The long time white rock lake marathon (now the BMW Dallas Marathon) is always on a Lord's Day and for years and years until the planners varied the path, it was impossible to get out of my home neighborhood and many churches' member were inconvenienced. It still is a hassle but not quite so bad since the route was revised and since we sold the family home and I moved to the other side of the lake.

The long time white rock lake marathon (now the BMW Dallas Marathon) is always on a Lord's Day and for years and years until the planners varied the path, it was impossible to get out of my home neighborhood and many churches' member were inconvenienced. It still is a hassle but not quite so bad since the route was revised and since we sold the family home and I moved to the other side of the lake.

If only the church would get back to this manner of testifying against such profanations: Reformed Presbyterian Synod of Ireland on the duty of a Christian nation to uphold the Sabbath (an updated version of an old post).

God-willing, next week, I will have a post from an author whom I have not previously cited on this subject.

I have not quite been able to do that this week (I had intended to post something from Lewis Bayly, but that will have to wait for another time). Still, I have not posted anything from the Westminster divine, William Gouge on this subject for a long time. Hence, this week's post is William Gouge: The Sabbath is not a day for sports.

Back