Reformed Dogmatics, volume 4

Have you picked up Bavinck's Reformed Dogmatics 4?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Not yet, but I plan on it.

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Why would anyone read anything but Hodge?

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

N. Eshelman

Puritan Board Senior
I am wondering who has picked up volume 4 of Bavinck's Reformed Dogmatics and who got it for the best price?

No problem Nathan I'll certainly pick these up. I hear nothing but awesome things about him.

On second thought I'll take my wife with me to Banner, they have hospitals in Harrisburg...:lol:

$28 from Reformtion Heritage Books, thye ship to the UK for 25% which is cheaper than most. In the UK it would cost $50.

$28 from Reformtion Heritage Books, thye ship to the UK for 25% which is cheaper than most. In the UK it would cost $50.

In pounds isn't that the equivalent of less than $30?

It's $28 plus shipping to the UK, or $50 if he bought it there.

In pounds that's about 14 pounds+shipping, or 25 if he bought it there.

Not sure what the "equivalent of less than $30" means.

I voted for the third option... :p

:up: I've got a' Brakel, Calvin, Hodge (father and son), Dabney, Thornwell, Turretin, Vos, Rushdoony, Owen, (and a few Arminians who don't deserve to be mentioned by named)--but I suppose there's always room for another theology!:judge:

What? No Chafer, Tillich, Pannenberg, Brunner, Finney, Grenz, Ryrie, and Geisler??? :lol:

Those would be among the "Arminians who don't deserve to be mentioned by name." Although, I don't have Pannenburg, Brunner, or Grenz.

Thanks for mentioning them.:barfy:

Praise God you didn't mention Pope or Thiessen....:oops::p

Why would somebody vote for the third option? Hodge borrowed most of his material from Turretin. It seems, whether or not you would want Bavinck's dogmatics, you'd want to have Turretin's Elentics if you like Hodge.

$34.64 CDN - free S&H (normally try for RHB, but shipping to Canada is getting expensive.

I plan to get the whole 4 volume set from wtsbooks.com for $100 when it goes on sale later this month.

Last edited:
Puritan Seminary just had an offer for their students that was...well.... great!

Bavinck at $15 per volume for students!

'bout time, Jacob!!!

Ya, I know... kinda had to wait for the funds to accrue. But, through a glitch in our budget (the good kind of glitch), there was some extra funds available that I regulated a part of for books. The other purchase I made will be appearing on here shortly! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back