Reformed Episcopal Seminary

Status
Not open for further replies.

lautensack

Puritan Board Freshman
Does anyone know if this seminary is actually Reformed of if they fall more in the lines of an anglo-catholic seminary or perhaps something more liberal? Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't know
I know one young high church cleric who says he got an excellent education there. I also know another recent graduate who is also a high churchman. I have not chatted with him about his experience at Reformed Episcopal. In fairness, both of these men where high churchmen when they went to Reformed Episcopal. So the training and education they got at Reformed Episcopal may have been excellent and they may have just already been inclined down the anglo-catholic road.
Brian Schwertley is a 1984 alumni of Reformed Episcopal, He is as far from a high churchman as one can get.

Past thread: Reformed Episcopal Seminary?

I know at least one fellow who graduated from RES from "back in the day." Very godly man and faithful minister. RES used to be "the poor man's Westminster," as I understand it. I have no real knowledge of the seminary's state today.

I think you have to ask yourself:
  • Am I comfortable with mandatory chapel services from the RE Book of Common Prayer?
  • Am I comfortable purchasing and wearing vestments? (required for full scholarship program)

Last edited:
If the seminary is part of the REC than it should be, if an REC were close enough to me I would go.

The only thing I remember being told about the REC is that they require their clergy to be "gentlemanly." I'm not qualified on that basis alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back