Reformed Internship

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmaciver

Puritan Board Sophomore
I came across this article recently. It got me thinking, as my pastor friend in Gambia is looking at the potential of taking on a young man as an intern next year. The prospective intern will graduate College in May & feels a call to the ministry.

The congregation my friend pastors is a small reformed Psalm singing congregation, which he planted a few years ago, in a nation with a population that is 95% Muslim.

How might you best advise the pastor to set out any potential internship, in terms of expectations of both pastor & intern?

Our sending church, which has about 150 members has done an internship program for quite a few years. They have helped train up about 5 pastors now, who were right out of seminary. My pastor was one of them. It's an amazing program and lasts as long as needed, until they are ready to enter the ministry. If you want, I can give you the pastor's contact info.

Our church used to have a good formal internship program, but it was a victim of budget cuts a decade or so ago when we had to make some painful decisions.

The pastor probably needs to be aware that if he's going to do a good job, it will likely increase his workload rather than decreasing his burden.

Our sending church, which has about 150 members has done an internship program for quite a few years. They have helped train up about 5 pastors now, who were right out of seminary. My pastor was one of them. It's an amazing program and lasts as long as needed, until they are ready to enter the ministry. If you want, I can give you the pastor's contact info.

That would be much appreciated Ryan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back