Reformed Periodicals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Puritan Board Junior
What are some good Reformed magazines and journals.

Andrew posted this in another thread:
Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
My magazine reading list has gone from Christianity Today to Reformation Today to World to Modern Reformation to Christian History to reading news items that are 100+ years old in the Southern Presbyterian Review.

I find more profit for today in reading about Christianity Yesterday.

More good magazines for today (with an emphasis on yesteryear):

The Presbyterian Reformed Magazine
RP Witness
Banner of Truth
The Christian Statesman
Free Presbyterian Magazine

I just got the Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth (HNRC) and like it. It has good articles on practical reformed theology, such as the series Beeke started on Satan which has its inspiration in Brook's "Precious Remedies". I have one issue of the FP Mag & their young peoples mag and they are good too. The RP Witness is mostly denominational news and perhaps one good article by Gordon Keddie.

edit: I prefer the BSGT & the FP Mag to the RP Witness but it's good to be informed about what's happening in my church, and its not free, its provided by my congregation.

[Edited on 4-29-2006 by Peter]

Perhaps we should start a periodical called Christianity Tomorrow with an emphasis on currect trends and how to apply Reformed theology to the new heresies that continually rise up. Kind of a watchdog magazine. Who knows.... Someone may read it and be prepared. :2cents:

_Christian Renewal_. They are just getting a website up... A lot of their news is in the Dutch Reformed community, but I learned about them when they did an article a few years ago on my former pastor and church, which started in the 70s as Foursquare (!!) and which the pastor Paul Viggiano took from Reformed friendly to OPC.

The Outlook, which seems to primarily carry articles by our Dutch brethren (often articles by Mid-America Reformed Seminary professors, such as Venema and Kloosterman). The website includes past articles that may be of interest (including one of a series on paedocommunion).

Mars Hill Audio Journal, which seeks to engage our culture (broadly speaking!) from a Reformed Christian perspective. I've subscribed to this and just ordered 3 back issues--good stuff! (See this thread.)

Originally posted by puritansailor
Perhaps we should start a periodical called Christianity Tomorrow with an emphasis on currect trends and how to apply Reformed theology to the new heresies that continually rise up. Kind of a watchdog magazine. Who knows.... Someone may read it and be prepared. :2cents:

I LOVE that idea!

Perhaps we should start a periodical called Christianity Tomorrow with an emphasis on currect trends and how to apply Reformed theology to the new heresies that continually rise up

The very concept of *tomorrow* is postmillennial. Good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back