Reformed Rapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

OPC'n

Puritan Board Doctor
Just found this on another reformed site and thought I would share it with you all. I'm not sure if you would call this rap or spoken poetry. He is a rapper but he does this without any music. Anyway, it's good especially his speech after the rap/poem. I don't like rap but I certainly think this man is used by God to reach people and to affirm believer's faith.

[video=youtube;dPZlzDTdSsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPZlzDTdSsE[/video]

I know a group of people who do things like this in here in Flint, MI trying to keep in touch and reach out to the hip-hop community. They were a rap group, and now that they are Christians, they continue to be a rap group in the community, only now their songs are the songs of Christians.

I like some Christian rap but just about any secular rap is trash. It can hardly ever be free of cursing or illicit content, which is a shame.
I'm whiter than sour cream and the antithesis of what the hip hop culture looks like, but I really do like the hip hop culture...the people are very real. I really appreciate Shai Linne because he is unashamedly sharing the truth of God to members of this culture, which isn't evangelically targeted much. God bless that ministry...

Thanks for sharing, Sarah :)

I'm glad you all like it. I had never heard of this singer. I'll have to check out more of his stuff...thanks, JD

JD, do you know what the album is called which has that song "Were you there"?

WOTM has talked about Shai Linne's music quite a bit and I totally agree with their opinions--this guy's music is way more God-centered and theological than the vast majority of Christian music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back