Reformed Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmaciver

Puritan Board Sophomore
Some of us are visiting the Gambia in February and are taking with us a laptop someone donated for our pastor friend based out there. We're planning on taking the chance to provide various reformed resources which will be beneficial for preaching, teaching, evangelism etc by downloading them to the laptop for him to make use of.

By way of background information, at least as far as we're aware, reformed churches are pretty much non existent in the Gambia, although our friend is very open to reformed theology.

Does anyone have any particular suggestions as to what resources may be helpful along with links to relevant websites?

Thanks in advance

Hi

As a new member here I just happened to see this question and was intrigued. We went to the Gambia on holiday for the first time about 6 years ago and before we went somehow got in contact with a pastor Daniel Osaloto in Banjul, who promptly invited me to preach at their small church! I remember taking about 40 small TBS-donated bibles. Later we invited him to stay on his way to visiting a friend in Ireland, and he went away with Matthews Henry Commentary (single volume) and a few other books. Like many pastors in Africa his resources were pitifully small, if not totally non-existent.

Apart from supporting the church financially we also sent a pack of books later (part of the Books for Africa scheme) and took some with us the next year, but had to leave them at our hotel as we couldn't get in touch with him, although I believe someone collected them later. Since then we've had no further contact but I'd be interested in knowing if it's the same man - there are not too many Evangelical Churches there.

Hi Chris,
That's interesting to hear you've been out in the Gambia and funly enough it was around 6 years ago the first time we were out there ourselves in November 2004.
No its a different pastor we are in touch with. He's called Reuben Weedor. When was the last time you were in the Gambia? Its a great country and the people are so friendly.

I was thinking of taking a Matthew Henry commentary out with me but I'm wondering if you are able to source it free online (legitimately of course)

Blessings,
Scott

Scott, CCEL has numerous resources that are legitimately downloadabe, many for free, including,

Matthew Henry's Commentary (PDF in 7 parts)

Others are free in UTF-8 plain text format, or available in PDF for arounD $3 per segment, such as

Calvin's Commentaries

I would also browse the authors index, and I'm sure you'll find many others.

Also, any of the "full view" resources an Google Books are downlaodable in PDF, but I have found that their scanning/transcribing technology is far from perfect, and thus the files are often marred, especially with older books with harder to decipher fonts.

Update: Boliver has just pointed out that another EXCELLENT Reformed resource is downloadable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back