Reformed YouTube Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acts 16

Puritan Board Freshman
What are some Reformed YouTube channels that you recommend? Here are some of mine:

-Ligonier. You've probably heard of them. I appreciate their R. C. Sproul videos in particular.

-Ancient Paths TV. Extremely underrated channel. Their documentaries are great. "An Earnest Plea to Roman Catholics" and "The Failure of Eastern Orthodoxy" are some of the best defenses of Protestantism on the internet.

-Vocab Malone. Also underrated. He's known for being one of the few people to deal with Black Hebrew Israelites (a movement that fascinates me). He sometimes works with David Wood.

-Anthony Rogers. Ordained PCA minister who also works with David Wood sometimes. He can exegete scripture for hours and does livestreams defending the Gospel.

Honorable Mention:

-Redeemed Zoomer. PCUSA guy who has some interesting things to say but also has serious errors. So watch his videos with caution.

Mark Ward has become a favorite of mine: https://www.youtube.com/@markwardonwords

He is some sort of Reformed Baptist, but his focus is on the Bible. A lot of his work is focused on addressing KJV-onlyists, but even though I'm not in that crowd I have learned a lot about the English language, Bible translations, manuscript traditions, and history of the Bible from listening to his channel.

-Redeemed Zoomer. PCUSA guy who has some interesting things to say but also has serious errors. So watch his videos with caution.
I followed this guy on Instagram long before he had any real YouTube following. Being maybe a few years older then him, I cringe when I see young man stand on any sort of soapbox. I am barely aware of my own weakness and lack of knowledge, and I think God has the ability to do powerful things with young men, I just don't think he's one of them. I find it sad he has gained a foothold in the "online reformed community", though perhaps it shows how weak internet clans really are?

I like SermonAudio (the man who runs it it not reformed If I recall correctly but he uploads great sermons from reformed people that are sometimes hard to find elsewhere)

Truth Unites is an excellent channel. Run by Gavin Ortlund, he has some excellent defenses of Protestantism against Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox, and he is now stepping further into general apologetics.

Matthew Everhard is also excellent, glad someone else mentioned him.

Mark Ward has become a favorite of mine: https://www.youtube.com/@markwardonwords

He is some sort of Reformed Baptist, but his focus is on the Bible. A lot of his work is focused on addressing KJV-onlyists, but even though I'm not in that crowd I have learned a lot about the English language, Bible translations, manuscript traditions, and history of the Bible from listening to his channel.
What about Word Magazine and Young, Textless and Reformed? ;)

My 3 favorites right now…

Matthew Everhard (PCA)

Right Response Ministries (Reformed Baptist)

Conversations that Matter (Calvinistic but not Reformed)

My favorites are:

PRTS Chapels
Alpha Omega/Apologia (James White)
Anything John Piper, Paul Washer, Voddie Baucham.

The popularity of most ministries now uploading entire conferences to Youtube; which I should take more advantage of instead of watching Netflix when I do watch TV.

I also enjoy caching Doug Wilson segments when they pop up.

James White's channel.
I don't have time for much else and I hardly have time for that. I put it on 1.5 speed.

I'll second Right Response Ministries.
Haunted Cosmos (Christian exploration of 'high strangeness' of our world)

Albert Mohler gives some good current events analysis in The Briefing, but my favorites are Ligonier and Reformed Forum and anything with Joel Beeke.

I’ve transitioned almost entirely to podcasts and books now, but taking a look at my subscriptions;

Matthew Everhard
I’ll be honest
Media Gratiae
Nerdy Pastor (book reviews)
Seminaries (RTS, Westminster, etc.)
Reformed Forum
Islam Critiqued (not sure if reformed)
Ligonier
Heartcry
Book publishers like Banner and RHB
Christian Concern (UK based - conservative)

A few non-Christian ones (literature related) include Roman Roads Media, Benjamin McEvoy, Jared Wilson, Rob Pirie, ThinkingWest.

An aside which may be of interest to someone.. here’s a little trick if you just want to see the primary points from a long video -

Paste the video link into an online YouTube transcript generator (like youtubetranscript .com) and then copy the transcript into an AI like ChatGPT asking to summarise key points , or to pull out specific bits on information.

I’ve transitioned almost entirely to podcasts and books now, but taking a look at my subscriptions;

Matthew Everhard
I’ll be honest
Media Gratiae
Nerdy Pastor (book reviews)
Seminaries (RTS, Westminster, etc.)
Reformed Forum
Islam Critiqued (not sure if reformed)
Ligonier
Heartcry
Book publishers like Banner and RHB
Christian Concern (UK based - conservative)

A few non-Christian ones (literature related) include Roman Roads Media, Benjamin McEvoy, Jared Wilson, Rob Pirie, ThinkingWest.
I like Benjamin McEvoy too, was a Hardcore Literature Book Club member just before coming here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back