Regeneration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
I have been introduce to a different theology. I haven't even heard of it. It is a 3 point Baptist view. I have heard of 3 point Baptist and think it is out there but I need to understand it a little better. I am discussing it on another web site with a person who claims he believes in monergism when it comes to regeneration. His claim is false but I want to understand him better. He claims God's Election and Forknowledge happen at the same time. Then God overcomes depravity and puts man in equipoise by the Holy Spirit. Has anyone ever heard of this? I feel I am loosing the arguement. I could use some help. I aint that smart. It is at the Reformed Reader.org under discussions; Baptist; thread is Regeneration Poll. Any advice? Thanks, Randy

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
He claims God's Election and Forknowledge happen at the same time.

What does he make of Romans 8:29-30 in light of that belief?

Let me tell you that he would claim to agree with it. But I think his definitions are different than ours. If you get a chance please go read what we have conversed over. He is very intelligent and writes a lot. He even discusses Genesis and creation which I am not capable of dialogue. I disagree with him but I'm not sure how to approach the many things he brings up. Sorry. I need to respond to the thread soon. I already have some of my response ready. Especially John 1:12,13. Check it out if you can. It is very challenging. I am very impressed by the gentleman. I address him as KH. I think he is was a missionary and attends Adrian Rogers Church now. Thanks
Can't get link to work on this page. It's the reformedreader.org
Discussing Reformation
Baptist Forum
Regeneration Poll Thread

[Edited on 11-16-2004 by puritancovenanter]

I responded to the guy concerning John 1:12,13 finally. My argument came from context and not grammatical. His was grammatical. I had a greek Prof from the area help me.

Sorry, I didn't read the first two posts asking me about the sequence of Romans 8 close enough. I got sloppy. My mind was focused on the John verses.

He wouldn't agree with the sequence folllowed in Romans 8. He would agree with our phrasology but I believe he would say that God's foreknowledge and election happen at the same time because God's knowledge and election come from eternity. Anyways, that is where that ended for now. Thanks for your advice even though I became sloppy and just skimmed it, looking for help on the John verses.

Apologies!

For Christ's Crown and Covenant, Randy

John 3:8 notes, "The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

I've never been one to pinpoint the time of my regeneration though my initial confession was at age nine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back