Reprint of John Gill's Sermons

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAR

Puritan Board Freshman
Good news for those that enjoy the writings of Dr. John Gill. The folks at Baptist Standard Bearer are publishing a new edition of his sermons in a 6 volume set. They have already completed the first volume.
From their website:
In 1981, the Primitive Baptist Library of Streamwood, IL published a 3 volume set of Dr. Gill's sermons, entitled Sermons and Tracts. Being aware of this set and not aware that any others existed, many have erroneously assumed they knew of or possessed all of Dr. Gill's published sermons. However, besides the above-mentioned 3 volume collection, another 2 volume set of sermons were published posthumously in 1773 by Gill's son-in-law, George Keith. This second set, which contains many sermons not available in the first set, has for the most part never been republished. The Lord willing, in the next 30 days, we will begin uploading the individual Gill sermons to this web site. We will try to upload 3 to 5 sermons (or more) each month until Gill's entire collection is completed and available. There will be no charge to download these sermons. While we are preparing these sermons for the Internet we will also be at work preparing them for a "complete" 5 volume set of Dr. Gill's sermons which will, the Lord willing, be published in our classic casebound 6" x 9" format size with Navy Blue covers. [This is the same format as our editions of Gill's - Exposition of the Old and New Testaments in 9 volumes; The Body of Doctrinal and Practical Divinity and The Cause of God and Truth ].

https://www.standardbearer.org/

That was the plan originally, but if you click on the link I provided, you will see that they have changed that to 6 volumes now

What's the 6th volume? I didn't see anything about it in the link you provided, unless I missed it. The paragraph you quoted in the OP says there will be 5 volumes of sermons (4 lines from the bottom of your italicized quote).

What's the 6th volume? I didn't see anything about it in the link you provided, unless I missed it. The paragraph you quoted in the OP says there will be 5 volumes of sermons (4 lines from the bottom of your italicized quote).
Update on BSB website.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back