Reseting Firefox... urgent technical assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritanhead

Puritan Board Professor
Well I'm interrupting my hiatus for some urgent technical assistance;)

Could any firefox user be so kind as to type about:config, scroll down to the line, network.http.accept-encoding and tell me the text says when you right click modify-- ?? I'm not asking you to modify or delete the line.

I deleted it after listening to some technical support guy who left me in the dark... and now the browser won't work right... I'm just looking for the default setting. Thanks. Firefox is powerful and I like how it is adaptable, but if you don't know what you are doing, you can easily cripple the browser. I really don't want to reinstall it -- for all I know-- I would have to reinstall the extensions.

Thanks whoever can help.

[Edited on 3-17-2006 by Puritanhead]

Ryan,

Here are the values you should have:

Type: string
value: gzip,deflate

If that doesn't work, I can try and help you fix it some other way

Originally posted by fredtgreco
Ryan,

Here are the values you should have:

Type: string
value: gzip,deflate

If that doesn't work, I can try and help you fix it some other way

Fred,

That seems to have done the trick... I don't how... I don't even know what it did. Supposedly, my having changed it beforehand eliminates supposed 'program conflicts' with my internet content filter, but all it did was mess my browser up on start-up and impair it from loading web pages... some web pages wouldn't even load up properly, and were loading jibberish such as my blogspot.

In any case, I very much appreciate it Fred!!!

Now, I go back into hibernation.

:pilgrim: Ryan

[Edited on 3-17-2006 by Puritanhead]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back