Resource(s) on Repentance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herald

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking for resources on the whole of repentance in the Christian life. From repentance in soteriology through sanctification. I am interested in this study both for personal betterment and future teaching.

A couple of good works connected to this are "Repentance" by Richard Owen Roberts and Walter Marshall's classic work "The Gospel Mystery of Sanctification". John Owen's work on the Mortification of Sin also has really helpful material looking at the putting away of sin in our lives.

Thomas Watson, [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Doctrine-Repentance-Puritan-Paperbacks/dp/0851515215/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-7213516-3110515?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190656950&sr=8-1"]The Doctrine of Repentance[/ame]. There's nothing like it.

Thomas Boston has a work called Repentance as well. It's published by Christian Heritage. I just got it, so can't say much more.

Thomas Watson, The Doctrine of Repentance. There's nothing like it.

:up: Also I think I can remember seeing John Colquhoun's treatise on repentance somewhere online. It is also very good, especially for the way it distinguishes between legal and evangelical repentance.

Thomas Watson, The Doctrine of Repentance, is available online here.

John Colquhoun, Evangelical Repentance, is available online here or for purchase here.

Arthur Dent on Repentance is available for purchase here.

John Calvin on Repentance (from the Institutes) is available online here.

Thomas Boston has a work called Repentance as well. It's published by Christian Heritage. I just got it, so can't say much more.

Available for purchase here or see Vol. 6 of his Works.

Other resources on this subject online are available here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back