Resources Against the Establishment Principle

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOwen

Puritan Board Junior
Friends,

I'm researching a rather large subject and hoping that the collective knowledge of PB will help me find some resources against the establishment principle, mainly from the perspective of the American edition of the Westminster Confession of Faith.
Thanks in advance.

Friends,

I'm researching a rather large subject and hoping that the collective knowledge of PB will help me find some resources against the establishment principle, mainly from the perspective of the American edition of the Westminster Confession of Faith.
Thanks in advance.

Dabney, Discussions, volume 3. I forget which chapter.

Samuel Miller's "Introductory Essay" to Thomas Scott's The Articles of the Synod of Dort touches on the matter.

William Balfour in his "The Establishment Principle Defended" interacts with a paper by United Presbyterians which is against the principle. You can find it on Google books or internet archive.

Sent from my TM785M3 using Tapatalk

Are you specifically looking for American sources? If not, there is a copy of The Voluntaries in Belfast on Google Books. While I have not fully read it myself, this pamphlet is a record of a debate between Henry Cooke and John Ritchie (a Scottish Voluntary); Bishop C. P McIlvaine of Ohio also contributes to the debate, but I am not sure what position he took.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back