Resources for examples of prayers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thistle93

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi! I am looking for resources (books, websites) that contain good examples of prayers from the past.

Bible
Valley Of Vision
Book of Common Prayer
Spurgeon's Prayers

Any others you would recommend?

Hi! I am looking for resources (books, websites) that contain good examples of prayers from the past.

Bible
Valley Of Vision
Book of Common Prayer
Spurgeon's Prayers

Any others you would recommend?
If you can find it, John Bradford's two volume works has excellent prayers in it. Calvin's sermons and some commentaries have his prayers. I second Matthew Henry. Lewis Bayly's "The Practice of Piety" should be on every Christian's shelf.

You mentioned the Book of Common Prayer, but I'd note there are many iterations. I like to use the 79 BCP for personal devotions, and there are lots of great prayers (though it isn't organized in the greatest way). The 1662 BCP is also a great resource. Of the various BCPs, I think the 1662 has my favorite prayers of confession.

You mentioned the Book of Common Prayer, but I'd note there are many iterations. I like to use the 79 BCP for personal devotions, and there are lots of great prayers (though it isn't organized in the greatest way). The 1662 BCP is also a great resource. Of the various BCPs, I think the 1662 has my favorite prayers of confession.

The Reformed Episcopal Church has a version: http://www.reseminary.edu/files/rec-book-of-common-prayer.pdf

Isaac watts on prayer whilst I recall the Grace Gems website contained e-books on the prayers of was it a George McDonald? I cannot quite remember the name now but my memory seems to recall that was the correct name. A search on the Grace Gems site would find them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back