Resources on Jerome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack K

Puritan Board Doctor
My son is writing a paper on Jerome. He's looking for resources that include good spiritual insights and will give him a right-minded view of the guy. Easy to access and quick to read would be best. Does anything like that come to mind? I have nothing to suggest to him.

I don't know; would there be a life in the NPNF series in the volumes they have Jerome; or also maybe one of the volumes in some of the new translation series have a life, though those will be surely very Catholic oriented?

I generally find Schaff's take on the life and works of the ECF's to be balanced and moderately in-depth. Jerome - 1, 2, 3

J.N.D. Kelly (always worth reading) has a fine work, Jerome: His Life, Writing, and Controversies, republished in 1998 by Hendrickson.

Peace,
Alan

I generally find Schaff's take on the life and works of the ECF's to be balanced and moderately in-depth. Jerome - 1, 2, 3
Ah, I had thought of Schaff and even looked at his work via CCEL, but I could not find the applicable pages there. You have done my legwork for me! My son and I thank you, good friend.

Jerome's bible commentaries are very nice. He was a more skilled interpreter than his western contemporaries like Augustine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back