Rev. Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladestunner316

Puritan Board Doctor
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rev. Moon holds coronation at Capitol
Religious leader says he's here to 'save the world's 6 billion people'

Posted: June 14, 2004
5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Dressed in a floor-length cape, the Rev. Sun Myung Moon was dubbed the king of peace at a coronation ceremony in the Dirksen Senate Office Building attended by several members of Congress.

Moon is the founder of the Unification Church - currently known as The Family Federation for World Peace and Unification.

According to columnist Bill Berkowitz, on March 23 Moon presided over the event during which he presented the "Crown of Peace" award to a number of honored guests.

Several U.S. members of Congress - Democrats Sen. Mark Dayton of Minnesota, Rep. Danny K. Davis of Illinois, Rep. Sanford D. Bishop Jr. of Georgia; Republicans Rep. Roscoe G. Bartlett of Maryland, Rep. Christopher B. Cannon of Utah, and Rep. Curt Weldon of Pennsylvania - received "Ambassadors for Peace" awards, Berkowitz wrote. There were reportedly 81 members of Congress total at the event.

"Decked-out in a campy floor-length cape, the Rev. Moon was presented with an ornate gold crown and a lifetime achievement award," wrote the columnist. "Introduced by a shofar-blowing rabbi, the reverend told the star-studded audience ... that a 'new era' had come: 'Open your hearts and receive the secrets that heaven is disclosing in this age through me.'"

The religious leader, sounding like a self-proclaimed messiah, is quoted as saying: "In the context of heaven's providence, I am God's ambassador, sent to earth with His full authority. I am sent to accomplish His command to save the world's 6 billion people, restoring them to heaven with the original goodness in which they were created."

Joseph Farah, WND editor and host of Joseph Farah's WorldNetDaily RadioActive program, questioned the use of a taxpayer supported facility for a religious event.

"Do you think this is an appropriate event to take place in your U.S. Capitol?" Farah asked listeners today. "Does this disturb you at all?"

Callers to his program expressed concern.

"This is getting pretty scary," said Thelma, a caller from Montana. "Sounds like we're being governed by cults."

According to Berkowitz, Moon, after living in the U.S. for 34 years, plans to return to his native Korea.

Though Moon, who founded the Washington Times, is often praised by political conservatives, he says he has grand plans to help institute global governance.

"Even if the Rev. Moon is threatening to leave the U.S. ... one of his long-term projects - developing a faith-based path to peace by re-vamping the United Nations - is still on the organization's front burner," writes Berkowitz.

"With so many other things on its plate these days it's hard to imagine the U.N. actually taking up the Rev. Moon's challenge. But then who would have imagined the Rev. Moon, in cape and crown, parading about the Dirksen Senate Office Building?"

Farah pointed out the mainstream media failed to report the coronation ceremony.

E-mail to a Friend Printer-friendly version

NEWS:

World ignoring massive Islamist genocide

Al-Qaida suspect tied to U.S.-UK jihad group

Moore film distributor OK with terror support

Jihad expert on Farah show today

Ex-'gays' accuse senators of discrimination

Most Israeli Jews want Arabs out

Bush to screen population for mental illness

New pressure on Cheney to go

Terrorists behead Korean hostage

Clinton book conflicts with his testimony

COMMENTARY:

Dead Stalinist honored
By Joseph Farah

Hands of horror, hands of hope
By Rebecca Hagelin

Now who's lying?
By David Limbaugh

[quote:cc085192f4][i:cc085192f4]Originally posted by Bladestunner316[/i:cc085192f4]
The religious leader, sounding like a self-proclaimed messiah, is quoted as saying: "In the context of heaven's providence, I am God's ambassador, sent to earth with His full authority. [/quote:cc085192f4]

Some body better tell Moon that the Pope already has that job. :lol::lol:

I'm guessing with that statement about man's original good ness and everything, he's probably not reformed.:bs2:

It's really scary how much attention and power an outright heretic like Moon can gather in Washington. I remember President G.H.W Bush gave a speech at a moon even in the early-to-mid nineties. Pretty sobering the length and bredth of the fight we have on our hands is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back